Security Cloud Specialist
Apex Systems is a global IT services provider and our consulting practice has an opening for a Security Cloud Specialist with Splunk and Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Penetration AND Lambda OR Cloudtrail OR WhiteHat Sentinel experience to place at our client, a Big Five Bank.
Client: Big Five Bank
Terms: 1 year rolling Contract. 100% Remote.
Location: Remote / Downtown Toronto
Application Process: Please copy your resume into an email along with a 5 point summary describing your fit for the role and send to Nechama Colman at email@example.com and reference Security Cloud Specialist # 1066915
- Develop detection rules within our client’s enterprise cloud ecosystem to identify fraudulent activity and unusual behavior.
- Research and leverage logs available including Cloudtrail and Azure activity logs.
- Document relevant logging events of interests and potential gaps for the CSOC and fellow teammates to leverage.
Must Haves (Please do NOT apply without ALL of the below)
- 3+ years of security experience in an enterprise environment (5k+ headcount)
- Creating use cases within Splunk
- Intrusion Detection/Penetration
- Cloud: Cloudtrail, Log Analytics, Sentinel, Lambda
- Strong experience creating use cases within Splunk
- Cloud specific incident response experience
- Experience analyzing log files from a variety of sources (e.g. individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection systems (IDS) logs) to identify possible threats to network security.
- Strong experience with cloud access control policies
- Experience with cloud analytics tools. Ie Cloudtrail, Log Analytics, Sentinel
- Application programming and scripting experience. Ie Lambda, azure automation
- Security Systems Administration experience including IDS/IPS, Antivirus, EDR, Web Application Firewalls, SIEMs, Firewalls and Web Proxies.
- Red team experience is a plus
- Financial domain background is a plus
- Strong analytical approach, capability to think critically, and dedicated to determining the truth.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and keep them organized effectively
- Create technical documentation around the operations, procedures, and content.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong initiative and drive for results
Interview Process: Telephonic, two rounds with the client hiring managers.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.