Role: Security Engineer
Duration: 12 months + likely extension (12 months)
Rate: Open *depending on experience
Location: Work from home to start then a combination with Downtown, Toronto
Your new company
A leading compensation/insurance board in North America is looking to onboard a Security Engineer. This is for a minimum 12 months contract in their Toronto office. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and are known as a market leader.
Your new role
- Candidate must have solid experience resolving security related issues especially for Cloud native
- Candidate should be able to apply IT Security principles on all new components being
- implemented as part of the solution.
- Candidate should closely work with IT Security and Security Architecture team to make sure that
- the solution implemented adheres to the policy.
- Candidate should have experience creating the Security and privacy related documents and
- provide mitigations for any risks raised and also be involved in resolving them.
- Candidate should attend code walkthrough to ensure his designs are incorporated and validate
- any fixes flagged during security code reviews and pen test
- Candidate should work with the project team remediating downstream and upstream systems to
- ensure security risks are minimized
- The candidate must have a sound understanding of API, enterprise integration patterns,
- technology architecture and infrastructure but also very good communication skills, with the ability
- to adapted them to different audiences.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5+ years of experience with Security and DevOps
- Java, Angular, SpringBoot, Microservices, Azure Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, API Implementation
- Experience using backend technologies such as Java, Spring MVC, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSql
- database like MongoDB or Cosmos DB on Linux operating system.
- Strong background in data structures and algorithms and computer science fundamentals
- Ability to build the solution construct in Azure Cloud environment
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages: Full Stack - Java, HTML5,
- Multithreading, Security, Performance, Apache, and Tomcat.
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD, automated testing using open source modern
- frameworks like Selenium, Jenkins etc.
- Strong Web application design and development experience
- Strong Object Oriented programming experience and knowledge
- Strong understanding of networking, security and infrastructure
What you'll get in return
The client is offering a long-term engagement, with a high likelihood of extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.