ABOUT Hashu V.I.M. INC:
Hashu V.I.M. INC. provides commercial, industrial and residential clients with all types of electrical jobs including new wiring, distribution services, home electrical setup, repairs and renovations. Our company also installs, maintains and repairs commercial and residential Security and Fire Alarms systems.
Currently, we are looking for a skilled Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installer to install, program, maintain, or repair security or fire alarm wiring and equipment.
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, or related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, or video cameras and attach electrical and telephone wiring to connect components.
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Feed cables through access holes, roof spaces, or cavity walls to reach fixture outlets, positioning and terminating cables, wires, or strapping.
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, or other security features to ensure proper functioning or to diagnose malfunctions.
- Drill holes for wiring in wall studs, joists, ceilings, or floors.
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Determine types of equipment, tools, or materials needed for jobs
- Mount raceways and conduits and fasten wires to wood framing, using staplers.
- Adjust sensitivity of units, based on room structures and manufacturers' recommendations, using programming keypads.
- Provide customers with cost estimates for equipment installation.
- Order materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Completion of high school/ college courses in electronics combined with either on-the-job-training or relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installer
- Good command of English (both verbal and written)
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical consumers
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to maneuver and climb a 28-foot 75lb extension ladder
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Must be willing to provide a Criminal Background Check
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time, permanent position consisting of at least 35 weekly work hours
- The remuneration will be set at $25.00 per hour
- Occasional overtime may be required for meeting critical deadlines. Overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week and will be remunerated at one and a half time the regular pay rate
- Work Location: Client’s sites
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter. Kindly put “Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installer” in the subject line. Please do not contact the office directly, as resumes and cover letters submitted will be assessed by our HR specialist before interviews are scheduled.
Hashu V.I.M. INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we welcome all applications from all qualified candidates. However, only those who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview