This permanent and full time position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1-hour northeast of Halifax, near Middle Musquodoboit, Nova Scotia. The mine is fully permitted and began production in fall 2017.
Our Security Guard will join our highly professional Security department working a 4 days on / 4 days off roster. Reporting to the Security Manager your role will be to enforce the security policy and procedures for the Corporation and ensuring the security of employees and the physical security of the infrastructure, equipment, supplies and bullion.
- Undertaking frequent patrols of the property either by foot or by vehicle
- Conducting surveillance of locations and areas
- Undertaking access control procedures
- Enforcing Company policies and procedures
- Responding to emergency situations
- Collaborating with police, medical and fire in the event of an emergency situation
- Participating in Corporate and Safety training and exercises
Our successful candidate will exercise sound judgement and be able to work with diverse personalities. You will have:
- A personal commitment to behavior consistent with St Barbara's Values including honesty and integrity, respect, working together, delivering to promise and striving to do better
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid Driver’s License
- A current First Aid certificate with CPR
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience using other computer programs to generate shift logs, incident reports and access control logs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work under the following conditions: indoors and outdoors; days and/or evenings; weekends and/or holidays
- Pass a background check including credit, criminal record and driver's abstract
Experience in law enforcement, military or security is considered a definite asset.
- 'Grow our own Success' approach with a preference to develop and promote internally
- Developed and structured professional development opportunities and educational assistance
- Competitive compensation, health benefits and RRSP matching program
- 2020 PDAC Viola R. MacMillan Award recipients for developing the Touquoy open pit mine and consolidating other gold deposits near Moose River
- Be a part of the high performing St Barbara community - a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities and we provide nil gender pay gap in like for like roles and a commitment to addressing pay equity and gender equality through our recruitment, promotions, reward and recognition programs.
Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter.
For further information about St Barbara visit https://stbarbara.com.au/careers/
Please understand that screening and interviewing may take place prior to the advertised close date.