We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is passionate about dispatch and operations; a hardworking team player with strong communication skills, relevant experience, education, training and attention to detail who is committed to security and safety in the commercial environment. Integrity, customer service, a collaborative nature, and problem-solving abilities are crucial in this critical role.
Duties of the dispatcher shall include but not be limited to the followin
- Respond to and provide notification of all emergency situations that occur during the shift; this is to include investigating any health, safety, and security concerns, including medicals, fires, floods, protests criminal acts and building-related issues.
- Comprehensive report writing.
- Conducting access control & visitor management
- Monitoring of all various security systems, to include CCTV & access control systems, elevator monitoring, email, radios, phones, intercoms, etc.
- Provide direction to patrolling security staff.
- Report to dispatch supervisor and site supervisor.
To qualify, dispatch candidate must:
- Have and maintain a valid Ontario Security Guard License.
- Have and maintain valid Standard First Aid, CPR, & Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) level C.
- Have Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be a Canadian Citizen holding a Canadian Birth Certificate or Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Resident or Landed Immigrant holding a valid Permanent Residence card. If a Canadian Citizen, hold a
- Have minimum two years security experience, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Be able to clearly communicate well both orally and in writing in English.
- Be computer literate, (e.g. Microsoft Office Programs), have a familiarity with CCTV & access control systems and/or be capable of learning new programs.
- Be knowledgeable in citizen powers of arrest and Trespass To Property Act.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with team members while building partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Possess or obtain Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification within 90 days (provided by Garda).
- Possess or obtain Use of Force certification within 90 days (provided by Garda).
- Complete WHMIS course prior to training (provided by Garda).
- Complete Customer Service course within 90 days (provided by Garda).
- Complete Report Writing & Note Taking course within 90 days (provided by Garda).
- Complete Active Shooter Awareness course within 90 days (provided by Garda).
- Complete AODA course prior to training (provided by Garda).
- Complete OH&S course prior to training (provided by Garda).