Join a team rich in diversity, respect, and growth to make the world a safer place for families, communities, and businesses. At GardaWorld, we take our security responsibility seriously and strive to inspire trust. Interested in an enriching and meaningful career? Join our ranks!
As a security guard in the industrial sector, you will ensure impeccable customer service, access control of the establishment, and many other tasks.
The candidate for this position is required to reside in Fort McMurray. Security personnel are expected to diligently follow safety protocols, instructions, policies and procedures. Security personnel should always demonstrate a work safe attitude.
What you’ll be doing
- We are seeking licensed security guards with above average communication and customer service skills.
- Work environments are diverse and include construction sites, camps, industrial plants, etc.
- Attention detail is a must
- Produce written reports
- Use computers when required
- Ability to de-escalate situations when required
What we offer
- Competitive Medical and Dental Benefits package.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Variable on-call schedule
- Complete uniform
- Career advancement
What we’re looking for
GardaWorld is seeking casual personnel to work projects within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. The candidate is expected to be available to work shifts consisting of nightshifts, weekdays and weekends.
- Must be comfortable working alone
- Must be able to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to take direction and enforce rules
- Be able to use a computer/programs as required for the job
- Be willing to acquire safety certificates required to perform the work
- Valid Alberta security guard licence
- Valid standard first aid - level C (2-day course)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (No GDL’s), with drivers abstract (minimum 5 year clean)
- CSTS and OSSA or BSO or CSO
- Wildlife Awareness and Fit Testing
- Pass drug and alcohol testing
The successful applicant must be physically fit, with the ability to pass an onboarding exam.