Join a team rich in diversity, respect, and growth to make the world a safer place for families, communities, and businesses. At GardaWorld, we take our security responsibility seriously and strive to inspire trust. Interested in an enriching and meaningful career? Join our ranks!
As a security guard for the Drug Dog Team in the industrial sector, you will support the K9 handler activities. This position requires above average customer service, with ability to remain calm, be observant and maintain confidentiality pertaining to work performed at all times.
The candidate for this position is required to reside in Fort McMurray, there is no camp or LOA provided. Employee will use a company vehicle with the expectation that the driver will pick up a co-worker. Travel pay is provided when traveling to specific locations within the RMWB.
What you’ll be doing
- Must be comfortable with and around dogs
- Ability to write error free reports
- Required to drive distances in variable weather/road conditions.
- Be physically fit with the ability to stand, walk or sit for long periods of time
- Above average writing skills – attention to detail when reporting
- Ability to use computers and complete reports and send timely correspondence
- Be comfortable working in dry, dusty, loud, wet, cold, hot conditions.
What we offer
- Competitive Medical and Dental Benefits package.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Variable on-call schedule
- Complete uniform
- Career advancement
What we’re looking for
GardaWorld is seeking full-time personnel to work industrial projects within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. The candidate is expected to work a rotational shift schedule of 8 shifts on 6 shifts off, consisting of evenings, weekdays and weekends. Transportation from Fort McMurray to industrial site is provided.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid Alberta security guard licence
- Valid standard first aid - level C (2-day course)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (No GDL’s), with drivers abstract (minimum 5 year clean)
- CSTS and OSSA or BSO or CSO
- Wildlife Awareness and Fit Testing
- Pass drug and alcohol testing
- Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Must reside within the RMWB
- Intermediate computer skills required
The successful applicant must be physically fit, with ability to pay attention to detail, and adhere to a tight deadline. Candidate must have ability to pass an onboarding exam, with excellent spoken and written English language skills, and above average customer service skills with demonstrated sound decision making.