DATE: August 13th, 2019
JOB TITLE: Relief Security Guard, Full Time Permanent
DEPARTMENT: Facilities & Building Services
JOB GRADE: Grade 4 for Yard/Maintenance ($18.19-$19.95) & Grade 5 for Security ($19.01-$20.77)
McCain Foods (Canada) – Facilities and Building Services Team is currently looking for a Relief Security Guard to join the Florenceville Facilities and Building Services team. This position will have weekly hours designated for both yard/maintenance work as well as security / gatehouse duties (primarily Monday – Friday). This position will also provide relief coverage for fulltime security team member shifts as required (i.e. vacation). During these times this position will require flexibility to take on rotating shifts as needed. This would include evening and weekend shifts. Employee would be provided appropriate notice when required to do so.
YARD / MAINTENANCE DUTIES:
- Responsible for following all safety requirements.
- Responsible for the yard upkeep throughout Complex and other sites
- Garbage and recycling program
- Provide miscellaneous light labor projects including cubicle moves, room set ups, minor repairs and building maintenance / enhancements
RELIEF SECURITY / GATEHOUSE DUTIES:
- Provide services in a friendly and efficient manner. This includes promptly greeting visitors/contractors as they arrive and managing their needs in a timely fashion and directing calls as required.
- Management of five access control gates onsite
- Tracking & scaling incoming/outgoing trucks and trailers
- Track all visitors and contractors using the Visitor Management System
- Monitor fire computer. Security is responsible for any alarms that come in and are to contact whoever is needed for each situation
- Responsible for conducting fire pager check and keeping the 2 way fire radio charged
- Security guard will report any problems in and around the buildings (lights that need to be changed, maintenance or cleaning to scales)
- Manage parking permits, including audits for permits
- Monitoring of employees working along – maintaining check sheets for waste treatment and seasonal employees for McCain Produce and Field Department
- Manage overflow and after hours phone calls directed to main office phone line
- Weekly security reporting
- Keep records of all keys being used for the complex
- Responsible for weighing and receiving payment for use of scales by outside parties
- Ensure steps and crosswalks leading to the gatehouse are kept cleared of snow or ice
- Responsible for cleaning at gatehouse including inside and outside windows
- Provide assistance with seasonal decorating
- Provide assistance with special events
- Other projects/duties as assigned or needed
- Must have Grade 12 or equivalent, College Certificate/Diploma preferred
- Must hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to deal with internal and external contacts
- Ability to project a professional image and interact effectively with all levels within an outside the organization
- Experienced and knowledgeable working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent attention to detail. Ability to work with speed and accuracy while being detail oriented.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Self-motivated and Customer focused
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is frequently required to move furniture and lift boxes of up to 50 pounds
- The employee is frequently required to walk for prolonged periods.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, hand tools and talk and hear.
- Requires visual acuity to focus on computer screen.
- Requires standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time, talking and listening.
- The employee is required to work outside in hot and cold temperatures to assist the Facilities yard team.
Applicants must possess a good safety record and continually demonstrate “safety first” on a continual basis. Selection of employees for promotion is based upon such factors as ability, special training, experience, job performance record, attendance, physical fitness, education and length of service. Length of service will be the determining factor when all other factors are relatively equal. An evaluation period will be used to determine the candidate’s suitability to the position.
If you wish to be considered for the above vacancy, please apply online
via the McCaintranet and clicking on “careers” on or beforeAugust 27th, 2019
McCain Foods (Canada)
8800 Main Street, Florenceville, NB E7L 1B2