Join a team rich in diversity, respect, and growth to make the world a safer place for families, communities, and businesses. At GardaWorld, we take our security responsibility seriously and strive to inspire trust. Interested in an enriching and meaningful career? Join our ranks!
We are seeking full-time personnel to work Industrial projects within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. The candidate is expected to work a rotational shift schedule of 6 shifts on 6 shifts off, consisting of nightshifts, weekdays and weekends. Transportation from Fort McMurray to Industrial site is provided.
This security guard position is located within the Regional Municipality of Fort McMurray. This position requires above average verbal and written communication skills. The ability to follow procedures and policies with close attention to detail with intermediate computer skills. Security guards are expected to diligently follow safety protocols and procedures. Candidate must be willing to work 12-hour shifts including dayshift and night shift, and work in all types of seasonal weather conditions including dusty dry areas.
What you’ll be doing
- Perform access control duties
- Provide above average customer service
- Adhere to and enforce client site rules and policies
- Conduct vehicle searches and pedestrian bag searches
- Use of handheld radio
- Complete daily reports/incident reposts
- Participate in investigations when required
- Work independently when required
- Display safe work behaviour
- Use electronic access computer system
- Drive company vehicle to and from work daily in a safe manner in all type of weather conditions
- Any other duties assigned
What we offer
- Competitive Medical and Dental Benefits package.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Variable on-call schedule
- Complete uniform
- Career advancement
What we’re looking for
- Valid Alberta security guard licence
- Valid standard first aid - level C (2-day course), or willing to acquire
- Valid class 4 driver’s license, with drivers abstract (minimum 5-year clean driving record)
- CSTS and OSSA or BSO or CSO, or willing to acquire
- Complete GardaWorld Orientation and site-specific orientation
- Be Physically fit to perform the duty
- Be flexible in scheduling and display willingness to learn new task
- Pass drug and alcohol testing
The successful applicant must have the ability to pass an onboarding exam, with excellent spoken and written English language skills, have above average customer service skills and have sound decision making skills.