As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
A Security Guard position with the Corporate Campus Security team, responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment, while upholding the corporate standards and identity.
- Provide security protection at the Magna Headquarters (days, nights, and weekend shifts) and occasional night shifts at the Magna Golf Club.
- Access control management ensuring access to authorized persons.
- Contact specific employees to verify authorization for visitor access.
- Monitoring of video surveillance equipment, fire and alarms panels.
- Regular communications with other gate security personnel to ensure consistent sharing of information.
- Respond to any suspicious activity on or in relation to the Campus.
- Regular foot patrol of interior and exterior / completing assigned Security duties.
- Examine all doors, windows and gates to ensure they are secure and make note of any areas that have been left insecure.
- Notify 911 in case of fire, police and/or medical emergency.
- Liaise with emergency services as appropriate.
- Identify irregularities such as: fire hazards, leaking water pipes, inoperative lighting, equipment alarms, faulty security entrances and notify Facilities management.
- Complete Incident/Occurrence reports as required.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of Magna International Inc.
- Complete duties and special projects, as assigned by the Coordinator, Corporate Security and the Director of Corporate Security.
- Performs related administrative duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
- Ontario secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License.
- Valid Emergency Level First Aid Certificate (as required with a Security Guard License).
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Must have good command of the English language both written and spoken.
- Must possess good communication/interpersonal skills.
- Our selection process requires candidates to provide a completed background check of criminal history.
- Minimum 1 year work experience as a Security Guard.
Skills and Competencies
- College Diploma in Police Foundations is an asset.
- Corporate environment.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.