Backwoods Energy Services is 100% Indigenous-owned and provides construction & security services to the construction industry in Western Canada. We work with industry to create partnerships and economic opportunities for the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation community. With a focus on building lasting client relationships, Backwoods is committed to safety excellence and quality service. Our mission is to drive economic opportunity by empowering Indigenous people and communities.
FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES -- Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel; patrols and protects assigned property, promotes and enforces safety and security and acts as a visible deterrent against irregular activity.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for our clients by patrolling and monitoring premises
- Monitor surveillance equipment, inspect buildings, equipment and access points
- Access Control: Permit authorized persons entry to site when required
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, inform violators of policy and procedures; restrain if necessary
- Control traffic by directing drivers
- Complete daily Field Level Hazard Assessments (FLHA’s) and Daily Occurrence Reports (DOR’s) and Incident Reports (IR’s) when required
- Inspect Backwoods vehicles, notify Security Coordinator when service is required
- Maintain environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls
- Arrive for your shift on time. If you know you will be unable to fulfill your duties, you must communicate with the Security Coordinator ahead of time or organize a replacement
- Able to work efficiently and effectively both as part of a team or individually on site
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions when required, work indoors or in camps
- Driving Backwoods truck in all weather conditions; advise Security Coordinator when service is required
- Adhere to all traffic laws and regulations, such as driving within speed limits.
- Shifts are generally 12 hours per day; Hours of Work Averaging Agreement in place.
- Overtime and weekend work may be required
- 1-year experience in Security
- Additional training: First Aid/CPR/AED, CSTS-09, PCST & H2S
- Objectivity, emotional control and dependability
- Able to follow complex instructions, both written and verbal
- Knowledgeable about security operations and procedures
An Alberta Secuirty Services Worker License is NOT REQUIRED for this position.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Able to react appropriately in emergency & high stress situations
- Able to anticipate, identify and solve problems
- Utilizes exceptional judgement & decision-making skills in order to provider professional service to clients