Join a team rich in diversity, respect, and growth to make the world a safer place for families, communities, and businesses. At GardaWorld, we take our security responsibility seriously and strive to inspire trust. Interested in an enriching and meaningful career? Join our ranks!
As a security guard in the industrial sector you will have to ensure impeccable customer service, access control of the establishment, and many other tasks.
The candidate is expected to cross-train for multiple post, diligently follow safety protocols, instructions, and policies and procedures. Security personnel should always demonstrate a work safe attitude.
What you’ll be doing
- Monitor badging-in/out process to ensure site security and protection of assets.
- Foot patrols throughout building and lodge facilities
- Conduct mobile patrol duties
- Conduct pedestrian bag searches and vehicle searches
- Provide excellent customer service, with ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Follow instructions, procedures and policies. Enforce site security rules
- Demonstrate a work safe attitude
- Perform daily work with computer systems, compete reports
- Attend meetings when required
- Speak clearly during radio communication with full knowledge of 10 codes.
What we offer
- Competitive Medical and Dental Benefits package.
- Competitive hourly wage
- Variable on-call schedule
- Complete uniform
- Career advancement
What we’re looking for
GardaWorld is seeking temporary full-time personnel to work industrial projects for FIFO projects. The candidate is expected to work a FIFO rotational shift schedule consisting of nightshifts, weekdays and weekends. Transportation hubs are from Edmonton and Calgary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Alberta security guard licence
- Valid standard first aid - level C (2-day course)
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (No GDL’s), with drivers abstract
- CSTS and OSSA or BSO or CSO
- Wildlife Awareness and Fit Testing
- Ability to work outside in a remote area in all types of weather conditions
- Pass drug and alcohol testing
- Must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Intermediate computer skills required
- At ease working as a team and offering excellent customer service
- Temporary work for 3 months (shirt work, days and nights)
The successful applicant must be physically fit, with ability to pay attention to detail, adhere to a tight deadline. Candidate must have ability to pass an onboarding exam, with excellent spoken and written English language skills.