AFIMAC Canada is seeking Security Guards for upcoming deployment in British Columbia.
Salary: $15/hour based on experience
(Full-time hours provided while on deployment) within the Crisis and Disaster Management Division.
Security guards who work within the Crisis and Disaster Response team deploy to different crisis and disaster scenes across Canada. Their primary function is to protect property and people.
Security Guards are deployed to all different types of disaster scenes, some of the most common types are as follows:
- Labour disputes
- Organized protests (G8/G20 summits, occupy sites, etc.)
- Man-made crisis/disasters (crime scenes, structural fires, etc.)
To be eligible to work for AFIMAC you must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Must possess a provincial Security Guard and/or Private Investigator license in your province of residence
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Must possess a drivers license in your province of residence
- Must be able to travel within your home province to projects (and across Canada) for extended periods of time (minimum 4 week commitment)
- Must be able and willing to work 12-hour shifts, 7 days per week while on assignment
- Must be able to sit, walk, stand, and/or drive for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work extended and long hours in adverse climates/environments
- Must be able to work day or night shifts
- Must be able to read, write and speak English effectively
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally allowed to work within Canada