The Delivery Group has a financial services client in downtown Toronto looking for a Security Operations Engineer for a 12 month contract to start. The ideal candidate will have strong experience supporting security event management solutions in a Cloud environment.
- Proven experience in investigating security events, analyzing logs, and understanding threat vectors
- Ability to respond to security alerts within the network and read and understand forensics coming from various technologies
- Extensive experience supporting and administering security event management solutions (Splunk SIEMs, threat hunting, log correlation)
- Experience supporting and administering next gen AV solutions (Cylance, Crowdstrike, MS ATP)
- Experience supporting and administering next gen email gateways (Proofpoint, Mimecast, or O365 secure email gateway)
- Proven experience with Azure or AWS to understand the threats and the mitigations in that environment
- Experience supporting and administering next gen firewalls and web application firewalls (Palo Alto, F5 WAF)
- Demonstrate resourcefulness
- Have proven experience interacting with customers
- Demonstrate they can own incidents from start to finish and coordinate the resolution with other teams.
- Be transparent and share/teach others
- Have a keen interest in implementing measures to reduce workload, through articles, knowledge sharing, and automation
- Passion for latest and greatest technologies in the security field