About KIK's Personal Care Division
KIK Personal Care division is a business with sales of ~$1 billion, serving as a manufacturing partner for brand owners and CPG companies in the personal care and home care markets. KPC's contract manufacturing network consists of 8 plants throughout North America. Products and services include the contract manufacture and filling of aerosols and liquids, formulation development and full service prestige beauty product manufacturing.
The Security Specialist reports directly to the HR Manager and will will support the daily security operations and all areas of the Security Management Program. Areas of scope include, but are not limited to: physical security, theft control, parking management, monitoring of cameras, dealing with visitors, patrols, emergency response, and other security related projects as needed.
- Directly responsible for the development, enforcement and maintenance of the Security Management Program.
- Monitor security surveillance in real time, as well as recorded footage for off shift coverage.
- Enforce the parking management program: Issuance of permits to all Staff, visitors, and monitor unauthorized parking.
- Perform theft/vandalism investigations, including but not limited to surveillance, baggage checks, video and access data consolidation.
- Conduct patrols throughout the facility. Identify and coordinate the resolution of security breaches, including emergency exit bypasses, property damage, perimeter fencing breaches, perimeter lighting failure. Interface with outside contractors and/or internal Engineering Facility personnel to address the above in a timely fashion.
- Must manage interactions and relationships with Plant personnel, and maintain a non preferential/biased and
- Responsible for all hardware/software maintenance, replacement and upgrades to all security recording and building access systems. This includes ownership of all related project management activities and capital expenditures.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have 2+ years of past security and/or supervisory experience
- Excellent investigation, report writing and note taking skills.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada and sections which deal with the limitations and authorities regarding personal use of force and personal defense and Non violent crisis intervention training
- Must possess a valid Ontario Security Guard License from the Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services
- Must be able to work rotating 8 hours shifts (Day, Afternoon, and Midnight) during the week, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Must have excellent communication skills
- First Aid / CPR / AED (Automated External Defibrillation) Training a definite asset
- Combination of office, plant and occasionally outdoor work environment.
- Some exposure to chemicals, chemical products and high noise levels in the plant
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!
KIK is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.