We have an exciting opening for a Security Technician to install and service multiple types of analog and IP based CCTV systems for enterprise/large scale commercial sites.
- CCTV troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing including: cameras, DVR, NVR and video matrix systems.
- Troubleshooting and testing of control panels, hardware and software issues.
- Diagnosing and correcting issues with the network systems and software.
- Preventative maintenance of CCTV hardware and related peripherals.
- Be a dedicated service technician for security and loss prevention projects for multiple customers.
- Be the liaison between customers and technical staff for all relevant security equipment.
- Install, fish, dress, cross connect and terminate UTP, co-axial and fibre cable and the complete the occasional pre-wire rough-in.
- 2+ years of hands-on work experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and installing CCTV security equipment (including analog systems) in commercial and/or retail environments
- Solid understanding and broad knowledge of a variety of security systems (including cameras, access control and alarm systems)
- Experience with network or structured cabling
- Excellent communication and customer skills
- Must possess valid driver’s license and clean abstract
- Able and willing to work revolving day/night/weekend shifts and required standby service
- Able to lift up to 50lb, climb ladders, and be comfortable working at heights