Security Technician - WD30063557032
What you will do
Employees in this role are responsible for the installation, testing and programming of security systems (cameras, access cards, servers), as well as participate in the installation and cabling of such systems components as a means of integration into a facilities main control and server network. This employee will be provided a company vehicle and a list of customers to execute general maintenance tasks on existing equipment, as well as trouble shoot problems and execute repairs as the systems require it. Customer service and safety at the workplace is paramount, as well as delivering a high level of competency to his or her tasks.
How you will do it
- Evaluate the needs and system design for security system integrations;
- Perform general security system maintenance tasks and software updates;
- Trouble shoot hardware of software related problems, recommend solutions and execute repairs;
- Install and program systems integrated by AMAG, GENENTECH, KANTECH, C-CURE, P-2000;
- Install cables and conduits;
- Train security and building operators on how to use their security system.
What we look for
- College diploma or degree related to Security Systems or computer programming – working knowledge of AMAG, GENENTECH, KANTECH, C-CURE, P-2000 a plus;
- Must be at ease with computers and have knowledge of IT networks;
- Must be interested and engaged in pursuing product specific or advanced technical training related to security system programming and design;
- Must be able to work under pressure and under demanding timeline, as well as adjust to changing customer needs or new technical procedures;
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Must have valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets company requirements;
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- A company vehicle will be provided;
- Salary: to be determined with experience;
- Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 7:30AM to 4:30 with potential for overtime;
- Must be willing to be on-call (on rotation) for after-hour service calls;