The Security Technician reports to the Regional Branch Manager and is required to spend the greater part of or his/her day at client sites. He/she is responsible for installing, programming, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting security systems (access control, CCTV, intrusion). His/her duties will also include servicing security systems for our customers both from a break- fix, and preventative maintenance standpoint.
The Security Technician will have a strong technical background in security systems and is skilled in the most current installation, testing, termination, and maintenance procedures for commercial electronic security systems devices. (Access control devices, Intrusion Detection, Perimeter Fencing, Automated Gate, and CCTV systems).
The Security Technician will need to work in accordance with the values of the Corporation, which include but are not limited to: integrity, commitment, loyalty, confidentiality and will always make ethical based decisions when required. The focus must always be to serve in the best interest of the company and the customer. He/she is responsible for executing the processes and procedures of the Division, and supporting the vision, mission and objectives of Extravision.
- Surveying sites prior to installation
- Installation and programming of Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion systems
- Testing and commissioning of systems
- Training the customer’s end users on how to effectively use the system
- Troubleshoot and resolve system issues to ensure systems are in proper working order
- Service Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion systems
- Conduct preventative maintenance inspection of existing systems
- Complete all service and preventative maintenance reporting in a timely and professional manner
- Maintenance of vehicle inventory for service delivery
- Conduct monthly vehicle and vehicle inventory inspections
- Proper allocation of time spent on service or installation work orders
- Attending monthly toolbox meetings for training and best practices
- Maintaining technical certification status
Qualifications & Technical Skills
- Technical Certifications: AMAG, GENETEC, LENEL and asset
- Certifications in: Working at heights, first aid, confined space,
- Security Clearances for Government
- Bilingual an asset.
- Security Clearance: Secret
Attributes & Behaviors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must enjoy interacting with customers and colleagues and be able to deal effectively with conflict
- Comfortable working in a team or independently
Education & Experience
- Level 1: < 3 years of experience
- Level 2: 3 - 5 years of experience
- Level 3: 5+ years of experience
- Minimum of a College Diploma from a Building Technology program or equivalent. A combination of education and experience with the proven ability to perform the job tasks may be accepted.