Crosslinx Transit Solutions (CTS) is a consortium comprised of EllisDon, SNC-Lavalin, Aecon and ACS - Dragados. CTS has been selected by Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario to deliver the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit Project and is seeking highly qualified, experienced personnel to join the team of this complex P3 design and construction project.
This position will report to the Deputy Area Director and will be responsible for assisting in managing a large P3 construction project and all aspects of project performance, including project management, delivery, safety, quality, financials, and schedule.
This position is for our self-perform mining segment, and will need extensive background in SEM/NATM mining experience.
- Overall Project Management and Delivery, including safety, quality, financial and schedule.
- Implement and enforce Crosslinx Transit Solutions corporate health and safety program
- Maintain excellent relationships with owner, architect, consultants, subcontractors & public.
- Leadership: Supervising, mentor, coach and train project personnel.
- Assist Deputy Area Director in providing monthly and weekly reports including cost forecast, schedule and cash flow.
- Work with the project leadership to oversee and participate in regular project reforecasts
- Carry out all project administration in accordance with company policies and procedures. Utilize Crosslinx Transit Solutions project management system to complete all project administration.
- Work with project staff to develop, monitor the project schedule including identifying critical path dependent elements and recovery methods.
- Understand and enforce prime contract and subcontract responsibilities.
- Negotiate and issue subcontracts and major purchase orders and monitor their progress and schedule.
- Provide assistance in the delivery of payment requests to clients and approval of payments to subcontractors, suppliers etc.
- Estimate and process Change Orders, including negotiating and assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Involved in all facets of project close-out, including archiving of documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work.
- Assist in securing new work by participating in proposals, tender closings and presentations.
- Ensure compliance with Crosslinx Transit Solution union obligations.
Terms of employment:
Full-time, project-based for a set one-year period, commencing in June 2020. This position is based on a 40 hour week, generally Monday to Friday, with some occasional weekend work needed. This position is a supervisory/managerial position and is not eligible for overtime. Annual vacation is 15 days.
Language of Work:
$155,000 - $160,000 annual salary. This position is eligible for our annual salary review practice which may result in eligibility for bonuses and/or annual salary increases in excess of 2%.
Standard group benefit plan available including life insurance, short and long term disability, extended health including dependents (prescription drugs, vision, dental, paramedical, out of province emergency), company paid cell phone, and vehicle (or vehicle allowance).
Relocation and housing assistance is provided for non-local candidates.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mining & Mineral Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in at least 1 LRT/transit project required
- 10+ years’ experience in SEM/NATM mining, multi-discipline environment
- Ability to effectively manage project staff within a matrix environment, and manage unionized SEM staff
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods), industry practices, estimating/budgeting, scheduling and safety requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve project disputes.
Location of work:
90 Eglinton Avenue East, Toronto, M4P 2Y3 and other sites along the Eglinton Crosstown LRT Project, Toronto, ON
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted via our job board located on our website at www.crosslinxtransit.ca – then click on “Job Opportunities”
HR Team (416) 679.6116, ext. 52111, firstname.lastname@example.org (applications received via email will be instructed to apply via our website at the link above)
Crosslinx office location:
90 Eglinton Ave East, Toronto, ON, M4P 2Y3