About Offworld Industries:
Offworld Industries is a video game studio owned and run by a team of active developers. We were established in 2014 and have a permanent office in New Westminster, BC (309-713 Columbia Street, V3M 1B2). Our company culture is built around making sure everyone shares in the success of the company. We offer periodic long vacations and project-based bonuses as well as a flexible work schedule based on hitting our goals. We also have more than 50% of our team working remotely in over a dozen different countries.
You can find out more about Squad, the game we are developing here:
About the Job:
Offworld Industries is seeking an on-site Senior 3D Artist to help in the creation of more 3D assets for the game “Squad”, and any other projects that Offworld Industries might work on in the future.
The job will mostly consist of creating a highly detailed and accurate vehicle, weapon, and other military hardware. All of this will be done to a very high quality in an authentic style, while constantly balancing quality, production speed, and performance of the assets created.
- Creating highly detailed 3D and 2D assets using the latest techniques
- Investigating new workflows and aid in raising the bar of the art team as a whole
- Review older assets and bring them up to standard
- Assisting Lead Artist and wider team in establishing workflow on new projects and object type
- Experience working on AAA titles
- 5+ years of video game industry experience
- Knowledge and ability to use the latest 3D sculpting and texturing packages, such as Zbrush, Quixel, Substance Painter
- Ability to optimize the performance of 3D assets
- Up to date knowledge of PBR texturing techniques is required.
- Extensive vehicle and weapon specialization are highly preferable.
- Ability to source and follow real-world reference material in great detail.
- Ability to communicate with a broad set of other roles within the team to adjust and refine art assets for use in the game
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and the ability to bring objects into the engine and adjust them to requirements
Bonuses ranging from 1 to 3 months of salary will occasionally be provided at the discretion of management. Two paid company breaks occur twice a year during the winter and summer, as well as a paid annual week-long company trip. This position is eligible for periodic salary increases at the company's discretion.
Terms: 40 hours per week. Salaried full time, for a permanent position in our office located in New Westminster, BC. This job will be in English.
Only applicants who meet the above qualifications will be contacted. Please forward your cover letter, resume, and portfolio firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior 3D Artist”.