Collaborate with the Art Director and Character Art Coordinator to create amazing models that define and then maintain a coherent vision of the games look and feel while fitting within the technical constraintsof the project while 'pushing the envelope' of what character art means on the mobile platform.
You will need to be comfortable in many areas of game production such as modeling, texturing and skinning as well as having an expert knowledge of the industries currentpopular tools.
- Create excellent high and low-poly models utilizing cutting edge techniques and pipelines.
- Have a malleable sense of style by being able to pivot from heavily stylized art to highly realistic assets.
- Work closely with the #D Character Team and concept team to ensure consistency between the concept and final 3D assets.
- Use in-house tools/applications as part of the art pipeline to create assets for the project.
- Participate in the constant improvement and evolution of asset production methods and techniques.
- Maintain a high level of quality while working with design constraints and balancing performance issues.
- Define work processes together with the Character Art Coordinator and the Technical Artist.
- Demonstrate a strong capability of managing multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Provide effective mentorship for more 'Junior' members of the Character Art Team to share acquired knowledge.
- Continue research and development into implementing 'Best-Practices' and Industry Innovation within our Halifax Studio.
- Provide completed work to the Character Art Coordinator and Art Director at various stages (sculpting, texturing, after revisions) for review.
- Continue to refine the character sculpt with direct input from the Character Art Coordinator and Art Director to ensure the highest quality and applicability to the game.
- A Minimum of 3 years' experience developing AAA Titles.
- Experience with 3DS Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Unity, Substance Painter, and Designer.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of human anatomy, with a keen eye towards shape, silhouette and form.
- Excellent understanding of character asset optimization for Mobile Apps.
- A passion towards staying up to date with the latest technologies to drive innovation and personal development.
- Experience with animation, rigging, and skinning, highly desired!
- Highly effective at communication across all applicable teams to ensure collaboration and creativity within the project.
- Bachelor of Arts desired
What can we offer you!
Competitive salary scale
Additional paid time off over the Christmas holidays
Affordable Gym membership
Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision care.
Flexible Work Hours to provide a healthy work/life balance
Summer months bring Summer Fridays
And an international and diverse team
Ubisoft Halifax is the newest Ubisoft Studio to take on the growing Mobile Game Market. As Ubisoft first exclusively Mobile studio, our focus is on originality and functionality. Creating new projects and developing Flagship Ubisoft IPs. Our position on the tip of the East Coast is strategic in terms of studio efficiency (closest to European and American Time zones), and creativity (biggest game hub east of Montreal).
Halifax is to Canada, what Boston is to the States; a founding City full of forts, historic building and award winning modern architecture. Being a city with three Universitys, Halifax boasts tons of nightlife, world class restaurants, and for the outdoors types; unparalleled yet affordable outdoor adventures.
We are located in the Heart of the City in the historic and iconic Keiths Brewery Market overlooking the waterfront. Come summer we work a little more each day so we can take Friday afternoon's off, allowing us to soak up the sun as we stroll the boardwalk and have a beer at one of the many cafes lining the iconic HalifaxHarbour. We strive to make sure our employees have a good life and work balance, and are able to enjoy everything this province has to offer.
Please submit the following Ubisoft website
Cover letter including salary expectations andCurrent CV / Resume