Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant is responsible for financial planning, reporting, and monitoring of the CW LHIN. The Senior Accountant role, partners with the peer role within the Finance team to oversee the day to day financial operations of the CW LHIN. This role is accountable for financial management through preparing and analysing monthly internal financial statements, developing forecasts, and quarterly Ministry of Health and Long Term Care reports. As part of the CW LHIN organization, this position collaborates on the development of the annual budgeting process, monitoring and dissemination of monthly financial reports, summarizes financial impacts and risks and assists with the annual audit. The position is the lead for budgeting and reporting systems and supervises the Financial Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred)
- Completion of CPA designation or working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Strong knowledge of Ministry of Health Information Standards in Canadian Health Organizations (MIS).
- Familiarity or experience with Ministry of Health (MOH) and Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) report submissions.
- Experience in internal auditing, internal controls, accounting and reporting software.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong spreadsheet skills.
- Knowledge of LHIN services.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software (Excel, Word and Great Plains).
- Exposure to accounting, data controls and working in a controlled environment would be considered assets.
- Strong aptitude for detail work and accuracy.
- Bilingualism (English/French) would be an asset.
Who We Are:
A mosaic of geographic and cultural diversity and home to over 922,000 local residents, the Central West LHIN plans, integrates, funds and monitors the local health care system for the regions of Brampton, Caledon, Dufferin, Malton, North Etobicoke and West Woodbridge. Through the recently passed Patients First Act, LHINs are also now responsible for the delivery of home and community care services and primary care planning, resulting in a better experience for both patients and those who care for them.
Employees at the Central West LHIN enjoy a competitive compensation package, which includes a comprehensive benefit plan. We are committed to creating a work environment that fosters continuous learning at all levels of our organization, including ongoing internal learning opportunities, formal training events and conferences.
How to Apply:
If you are career minded and an ambitious person seeking a chance to be part of a team that’s truly making a difference in the lives of others, please apply on-line at http://lhinjobs.ca/.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and, therefore, encourage applications from bilingual candidates. Posting available in French upon request.