Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at December 31, 2017, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information : ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department : Finance Corporate Accounting
Type of position : Contract (8 months)
The incumbent is responsible for all aspects related to financial and management accounting for designated Ivanhoé Cambridge real estate investments, including the recording of transactions, currency conversion, adjustments for foreign accounting standards and the proper processing of financial instruments and market values. The incumbent must obtain the collaboration of external stakeholders as instructed by his or her supervisor. He or she is also responsible for the operational aspects of designated real estate investments, based on specified timeframes. He or she must be able to solve problems independently.
- Ensure the proper accounting of designated real estate investments, in market value and IFRSs, to facilitate the subsequent preparation of financial statements for the Ivanhoé Cambridge Group and its subsidiaries;
- Validate all financial data provided by real estate managers and partners;
- Ensure the correct application of various accounting methods (full consolidation, proportional, etc.);
- Determine the impact of variances in accounting policies for real estate investments and make the proper accounting adjustments to comply with the Company’s standards (market value and IFRSs);
- Analyze EBITDA and provide explanations for key variances between actual, budgeted and previous year’s figures;
- Record adjustments related to special accounting treatments and corporate ownership structures;
- Perform various month-end, quarter-end and year-end reconciliations and analyses;
- Analyze changes in realized and unrealized gains and losses on monetary items;
- Prepare real estate project status reports and track capital budgets;
- Assist the advisor/manager in the accounting of acquisition, disposition and restructuring transactions;
- Prepare other reports and information as requested (statutory and tax-related financial statements, requests from tax department, statistics, performance fees, REIT tests, IRR, etc.);
- Prepare analyses to provide to the VP Finance – Corporate Accounting for submission to the audit committee;
- Enter forecasts and operating budgets in JD Edwards, based on information received from partners;
- Prepare records for the year-end external audit;
- Help write the notes to financial statements for the annual audit;
- Ensure the implementation of established internal controls;
- Take part in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and CPA designation;
- Five to seven years of related experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including an advanced knowledge of Excel; familiarity with JD Edwards an asset;
- Knowledge of Canadian and international accounting standards;
- Sound knowledge of the accounting aspects of consolidation and currency conversion;
- Very good written and spoken French and English;
- Self-motivated, disciplined and organized;
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Strong communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment;
- Very good analytical and processing skills.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada’s 50 Best Employers, 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.