Permanent Senior Accountant Vacancy: North York (Construction Industry Experience Essential)
Your new company
Based in the North York area this well established General Contractor are actively seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join their team on a full time and permanent basis.
Your new role
- Verify invoice accuracy, coding invoices, obtaining approvals and coding of invoices and entering
- Follow-up with consultants/vendor for inquiries or discrepancies
- Reconcile progress billing invoices to contracts to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Liase with project development teams and handling vendor inquiries
- Printing cheques, obtaining bank drafts and processing wire transfer payments
- Manage and execute entire payroll function; act as primary owner and contact
- Communicate with employees with respect to payroll and benefit changes
- Cash Flow projections based on current jobs and projects income.
- AR reconciliation
- Update trade payments log for all ongoing projects
- HST Payments, Payroll Payments, WSIB Payments
- Clear credit cards and manage their balances
- Inter-company transfers based on invoicing profits.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you must have:
- 5+ years of experience in the Construction and General Contracting industry
- 5+ years of experience in a full cycle accounting position
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities under time constraints
- Strong problem-solving skills and results oriented
- Very strong Client Service orientation
- Excellent relationship building skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.