Job Description Summary:
ClaimsPro is Canada’s largest independent insurance adjusting firm. We employ over 700 independent adjusters from across Canada. Our team is made up of some of the best and brightest talent in the business and we empower them with the tools, technology and support that they require to excel in their careers and help our clients reach their full potential.
Why should you consider a career with ClaimsPro?
- You will be part of a dynamic workforce and you will be trained to use industry-leading technology such as our iAdjust software.
- As one of the seven companies under the SCM Insurance Services umbrella, you have the potential for you grow your career in a multitude of areas.
- Your workload is balanced and you will be compensated for your billable hours.
- You will be entitled to a multitude of benefits such as education fee reimbursement and a flex-benefit health and dental plan that allows you to customize your coverage.
Want to learn more? Visit www.scm.ca or www.claimspro.ca
- Investigate, negotiate and settle claims
- Direct field investigations as required for exposure and within account guidelines parameters.
- Make initial contact as per account guidelines.
- Report to client as per account guidelines.
- Identify liability exposures, recommend reserves, recommend investigation required for exposure, prepare action plans, and negotiate settlements
- Provide high level of customer service to clients and the insured
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree or post-secondary education related to insurance
- Equivalency in combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
- Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Good investigative manner
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
- Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information.
- Adjuster’s license, or currently pursuing CIP designation
- Previous adjusting experience preferred
- Proficient in Xact and Xactanalysis
- Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.
- The Independent Adjuster actively adjusts claims while ensuring that business development opportunities are maximized. This involves marketing and follow-up of opportunities in a timely manner. The profile duties create a dynamic portfolio requiring extremely well-honed organizational skills that enable day to day activities to be completed while allowing efficient and effective progress of file management activities.
- To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate should have background/experience in Auto, Property, Casualty, Commercial General Liability, Accident & Benefits (Section B), and Bodily Injury claims as well as the following competencies;
- Effective Analytical Skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Relationship Building skills
- Demonstrated and proven leadership skills
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness
- This position requires some travel
- Start-up environment
- Positive Team Dynamics
- All prospective employees must pass a background check
- Time Allocation estimations are subject to change