Senior Advisor, Labour Relations, Saskatoon, SK
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career while earning a competitive salary and great benefits.
Reporting to the Sr Labour Relations Manager, the Senior Advisor, Labour Relations will play a key role in the execution of Nutrien’s Labour Relations Strategy for unionized locations across North America. The Senior Advisor, Labour Relations will partner with Business Leaders on a variety of day to day and special projects associated with Labour Relations.
- Collaborates with and provides support to site leaders and HR Business Partners for matters pertaining to employee and labour relations including employee performance or misconduct, interpretation of collective agreements, the drafting of agreements, assistance with workplace complaints and other day to day matters as they arise using a solid background and understanding of relevant legislation and collective bargaining agreements.
- This position will also provide direct support to unionized locations with grievance handling and will support unionized locations with the preparation of cases for arbitration or preparation for other legal matters or employment related matters.
- Collaborates with internal and external legal counsel on assessment of employment matters
- This position will assume lead and/or support roles in various employment related investigations on behalf of Nutrien
- Provides coordination, leadership and support in the effective implementation of initiatives, policies related to employee and labour relations
- Participate in and provide support in the area of union contract negotiations
- This position will require driving back and forth to various sites. Some overnight travel will be required (less than 10%)
Characteristics for Successful Performance:
- Above average interpersonal skills to navigate difficult and often controversial matters across organizational levels
- Independent decision making in solving problems
- Organizational skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Attention to detail is critical
Required Professional Qualifications and Education:
- Graduate of a recognized university, preferably in Business with a specialization in Human Resources
- Preference for CPHR designation
- Solid understanding of employment legislation
Previous experience with collective bargaining and grievance arbitration is preferred
- 6-8 years’ experience working with unions in a human resources advisory role, preferably in an industrial or manufacturing environment
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter