Client ID: 296128
Senior Analyst (Conversion Lead) - Winnipeg, MB
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Senior Analyst (Conversion Lead) for a 12 month contract in Winnipeg, MB.
Senior Analyst (Conversion Lead) Job Details
Looking for a Senior Consultant for the role of Conversion Lead for Project Nova. Project Nova is a 5 year business transformation project that is modernizing core applications. The Conversion Lead will oversee a team of analysts and developers responsible for the conversion of data from our existing applications into our new systems.
Senior Analyst (Conversion Lead) Responsibilities
- Develop requirements, feasibility, cost, design, and specification documents for new or production systems.
- • Gather and analyze data for the conduct of studies to establish the technical and economic feasibility of proposed computer systems.
- • Analyze functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decisions flows and recommend alternatives for solutions.
- • Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within sub-systems, to external systems and between new and existing systems.
- • Define input/output sources including a detailed plan for technical design phase.
- • Define and document all systems components, their interfaces and operational environment.
- • Define data structures and files, sub-systems and modules, programs, batch, online, production monitoring procedures, testing strategy and systems.
- • Document systems design, concepts and facilities, present and obtain approval for detailed system design.
- • Translate business requirements into systems design and technical specifications.
- • Work with developers to model and produce functional prototype and an operational system including all forms, manuals programs, data files and procedures.
- • Implement systems to support projects, departments, organizations or businesses.
- • Create, update and maintain procedures and standards.
- • Maintain up-to-date business knowledge of standards, policies and processes.
- • Provide expert consultation in production system analysis, performance, scalability security and maintenance.
- • Analyze and coordinate data file conversions including completing mapping, interfaces, mock conversion work, enhancements, and actual conversion and verify completeness and accuracy of converted data.
- • Work with importing / restructuring files and data from various sources and in diverse formats.
- • Contribute to the work breakdown structure and Project Plan. Coordinate application enhancement requests including reviewing service requests for privacy and confidentiality impacts, conducting preliminary analysis and estimation, development in accordance with the system development life cycle, and final user testing and acceptance.
- • Act as Leader and mentor to a team of application support personnel.
- • In a senior supervisory capacity responsibilities would include performing work load management and monitoring to ensure optimal utilization of team resources; monitoring team resource level in relation to workload and advising Manager of required adjustments.
- • Ensure maintenance/creation of detailed system support documentation.
- Provide overall guidance and mentorship to the migration team to ensure migration is successful
- · Work with the team and vendors to identify the list of tasks and dependencies for all aspects of the migration work and provide to management
- · Meet with and support business leaders, product managers, program auditors and risk management team
- · Help identify and raise migration issues, risks and resource needs to management
- · Communicate, coordinate and collaborate with the vendors and the other program teams to help ensure overall program success
- · Create and maintain the Data Migration and Retention Strategy
- · Review the following deliverables to ensure the overall migration solution fits together and meets requirements
- o Detailed migration analysis specifications
- o Data cleansing strategy and specifications
- o Data validation strategy and specifications
- o High-level migration design
- · Implement and oversee change control procedures for the migration strategy, analysis, development and testing artifacts to ensure incremental changes are identified and incorporated
- · Create the Data Migration Test Strategy
- · Oversee the Conversion team’s support of the QA testing for the migration analysis specifications and overall program QA testing
- · Create the Data Migration Implementation Plan
- · Create the detailed migration implementation task list and procedures with assistance from the team
- · Oversee the production dry-runs and implementations
Senior Analyst (Conversion Lead) Must Have Skills
- 10+ years project experience building application or delivering software solutions as a developer or analyst
- 5+ years of which is focused on data conversation initiatives.
- ·5+ years as a leader, 2+ years of which us focused on data conversation initiatives.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in this role – Preferably with a recognized professional certification.
Senior Analyst (Conversion Lead) Assignment Length
Senior Analyst (Conversion Lead) Job Location