Reporting to the Manager, Risk, the Senior Analyst, Risk & Internal Controls will work in the Corporate Risk group to: 1) ensure the organization maintains an effective company-wide internal controls program to meet the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation (“SOX”); and 2) assist in leading the organization’s governance, risk and compliance program including anti-bribery and corruption, insurance, cyber security, conducting pre-acquisition due diligence, and assisting with the integration of newly-acquired companies or assets in the areas described above.
- Plan and supervise testing for assessing the effectiveness of internal controls, including coordinating work with internal stakeholders, external auditors and other third parties;
- Support and collaborate with stakeholders across all geographic operating businesses to ensure the SOX program is being executed in accordance with the company’s plan, and that deficiencies identified during internal controls testing are communicated, evaluated, and remediated through process enhancements in a timely manner;
- Review and update internal controls documentation as needed (risk-control matrices, narratives and flowcharts, testing plans, etc.); and
- Provide advice and recommendations as necessary to strengthen and optimize internal controls.
Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Help lead the organization’s Anti-Bribery and Corruption (“ABC”) program, including ensuring that policies and best practices are being followed across all operating businesses, identifying ABC risks, overseeing compliance with the training program;
- Conduct due diligence on potential acquisition targets, and ensure that acquired assets and/or companies are integrated into the organization’s governance, ABC, and internal controls framework;
- Assist with the ongoing monitoring and oversight of the organization’s global insurance program, including ensuring the insurance coverage maintained by all geographic operating businesses is adequate and conforms with best practices across the organization and industry; and
- Support the Internal Audit program, including reviewing reports that are produced by the Internal Audit group, understanding observations and recommendations raised during the reviews, and working with internal stakeholders to ensure remediation plans are completed in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with and build relationships with a diverse group at all levels of the organization;
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to locate and collect data from appropriate sources and analyze it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and prioritize deliverables to meet deadlines, while remaining flexible and responsive to ad hoc requests and projects;
- Ability to work in a team setting and collaborate with team members across the organization in various geographical locations; and
- Effective communication skills (oral and written) in English. French is an asset.
- Hold a recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA; CFA)
- 3 or more years of relevant experience;
- Experience working with large and publicly traded corporations;
- Good working knowledge of IFRS accounting principles as well as SOX internal control programs
- Familiarity with COSO Internal Control Framework (2013);
- Experience in working in a growing organization with changing needs and multiple complex business transactions;
- Excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint capabilities and strong ability to navigate complex working papers.