Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$60 billion in assets as at June 30, 2018, and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department: Growth Markets
Position type: Salaried
Reporting to the Senior Director Asset Management and Finance, Growth Markets, the incumbent assists in overseeing the management information required to optimize decision-making and execute the unit’s business plan. He or she acts as point person in implementing information, monitoring, tracking and forecasting tools related to business plans and annual budgets for each asset and platform, as well as for the entire Growth Markets portfolio. In addition, in support of the investment team, he or she participates actively in various transactions, which involve validating the financial aspects of the due diligence process and compiling findings related to this process. Lastly, he or she acts as a point person for management-related financial information required for the processes involved in preparing, disseminating and presenting reports to various units within the Company. He or she is also responsible for contributing to the thought process for strategic planning related to the business unit.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Assist the Senior Director in the selection, consolidation, dissemination and presentation of management information required to run the business unit efficiently, making sure that it meets the requirements of each committee;
- Analyze monthly and quarterly financial and management reports, comparing results with approved business plans and budgets;
- Analyze the valuations reports of all properties and management companies and oversee the completion of the annual process;
- Analyze returns for the Growth Market platform and complete return projections exercise throughout the year;
- Actively participate in the preparation and coordination of annual operations and capital budgets and business plans within specified timelines;
- Ensure the sustainability of the group’s systems and financial and management information and issue recommendations to ensure that all systems, tools and processes meet the business unit’s needs;
- Assist the Senior Director in the planning and overseeing of operations, capital and development budget requests. Prepare requests to transfer funds involving assets under management;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with partners/investors and act as facilitator for various internal and external stakeholders with regard to management information;
- Assist the Senior Director in the analysis of all financial elements contained in acquisition, disposition, development and other proposals for current and prospective portfolio holdings (net effective rent, market value, tax considerations);
- Analyze the financial elements involved in negotiating procurement contracts, partnership agreements, management contracts and other transaction-related documents, in collaboration with internal stakeholders;
- Participate actively in the preparation of annual business plans and strategic plans; Contribute in the implementation of tools and processes to forecast future returns for the Growth Markets portfolio;
- Ensure production of financial and management information to track properties’ operational and financial performance based on real estate market behaviour, annual budgets and the business plan;
- Prepare assets quarterly review, comparing them against projections (track business plans and budgets) and issue recommendations for the necessary courses of action;
- Ensure the financial tracking of major development and capital projects;
- Understand various bonus structures in partnership agreements and other financial structures and evaluate the impacts on current and future returns;
- Assist the Senior Director in the supervision of the various financial and operational tracking elements required to optimize asset management for the business unit;
- Assist the Senior Director in ensuring good governance processes and appropriate control mechanisms be applied for satellite offices operating in other countries and our partners;
- Assist the Senior Director in monitoring various economic factors (foreign exchange, employment and economic growth rates) and real estate factors in markets targeted by the business unit;
- Carry out all other necessary tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or in business administration;
- Graduate diploma in a relevant field, an asset;
- Chartered appraiser designation, an asset;
- CFA designation;
- Basic accounting knowledge;
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience;
- Keen interest in real estate investment;
- Excellent ability in financial analysis;
- Ability to establish good internal and external relations;
- Experience in managing projects involving tight deadlines;
- Be proactive, forward-looking and results-oriented;
- Tact and excellent people skills;
- Be concise, detail-oriented and able to present information;
- High level of dynamism, autonomy and ability for teamwork;
- Availability for travelling locally and overseas with little notice;
- Availability for flexible hours;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint and in-depth knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office suite;
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English. Knowledge of other languages, an asset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.