Company: SM Cyclo of Canada, Ltd.
Address: 1453 Cornwall Road. Oakville Ontario
Location of work: 1453 Cornwall Road. Oakville Ontario
Position Title: Senior Applications Specialist
Employment Term: Permanent / Full-Time (40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am – 5:00pm)
Salary Range: $95,000 – $105,000 CAD
Relocation Allowance: $10,000 CAD
Company Benefits: Comprehensive Package includes: Health/Dental/Insurance/STD/LTD
Matching RRSP Program
Purpose and Scope of Job:
The primary areas of responsibility are Project Input and Specifications Management, technical, commercial, and price control and sales / business support; with ultimate goal of providing professional-quality proposals for gearbox products.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Create professional-quality proposals regarding gearbox products for complex customer project orders / applications.
- Design custom base plates and transition bases for gearbox applications.
- Perform FEA analysis for gearbox applications.
- Support SMC external and internal customers requiring expert application assistance relating primarily to gearbox products/ services.
- Evaluate, identify and resolve technical challenges related to non-recurring Project Orders prior to order entry.
- Author technical papers relating to Hansen and other Sumitomo gearbox application expertise; present the information internally in SMC, sister and parent company locations and externally.
- Control commercial and technical risk exposure on SMC Project Orders.
- Control, manage and develop application standards, resources, and information related to Hansen and other Sumitomo gearbox products.
- Assist with preparation of proposal documents for customer contracts.
- Support Project Management efforts to help resolve order fulfillment problems and issues relating to technical matters.
- Support Marketing and R&D with technical expertise and verification of technical information.
- Champion assigned application training for internal and external customers.
- Participate in process improvement efforts as necessary.
- Participate in industry and association meetings and represent SMC as an applications expert.
- Champion failure analysis of Hansen and other Sumitomo gearbox products.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Five (5) years’ experience in developing proposals for gearbox products to meet complex customer project orders/applications.
- Previous experience with Hansen and other Sumitomo gearbox products preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience in Project Management desirable
- Five (5) years’ experience in internal gearing product application and related commercial issues.
- Experience Summarizing Projects and Applications through reports and presentations.
- Experience reading and interpreting AutoCAD documents
- Must be able to travel internationally (5%-10% travel expected)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and written with internal and external customers
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com or fax to 905-469-1055 attention Human Resources and reference the job title ‘Senior Applications Specialist’ in the subject.
Work Conditions & Physical Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer terminal/typewriter; to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds.
SM Cyclo of Canada, Ltd. is also known globally as Sumitomo Drive Technologies. We offer superior products, and it is our team members that cement our customer relationships by delivering superior service and performance to meet or exceed customers' expectations. We expect our team members to give their best every day, and in return we strive to deliver the same superior service, performance, and rewards to our employees.
Upon request, Sumitomo Drive Technologies will provide reasonable accommodation to persons with disabilities throughout the hiring and employment process. It is the policy of Sumitomo Drive Technologies to recruit the most qualified individual for every opportunity in an efficient, professional and nondiscriminatory manner. Sumitomo focuses on recruiting, employing, and advancing members in diverse groups in an ever-changing market