Athenian Group is a full-service placement agency providing Professional Technical Recruitment, Staffing and Payroll services to Canada’s top Consulting, Engineering, Manufacturing and Construction companies.
Our focus is on providing businesses with the highest quality of worker for both contract and permanent staff positions.
Our client, is a world leading engineering, procurement, construction and related technical services organization, serving vast sectors in world markets.
Currently we are recruiting for a Calgary Based;
Senior Architectural Designer
Possessing strong modelling and technical drafting abilities to enhance our production team for both Architectural and Industrial projects.
- 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
- Development of architectural designs
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Facilitates Building Code Schedules sign-off and Building Permits application
- Assisting with feasibility studies and risk assessments
- Prepare CAD (computer-assisted design) drawings, specifications, cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings and instructions
- Ensure accuracy and quality of documents through knowledge of building science and construction processes.
- Works with engineering team involved in the conception, planning and development of engineering design, projects, processes, proposals and estimates
- Conducts building code and egress analysis for industrial buildings in accordance with regulatory codes and client standards.
- Mentors and facilitates mentorship of junior or intermediate designers
- Assigns work to team members and reviews the work.
- Participates in resource management and planning.
- Designs architectural components of building structures for industrial facilities
- Prepares Material Requisition (MR) or Construction Work Package (CWP) for pre-engineered buildings and skid mounted buildings.
- Prepares of construction deliverables.
- Provides technical direction to the design team.
- Coordinates with other disciplines, project management, construction management, vendor, client, and local authority.
Requirements & Experience
- Minimum 10+ years’ relevant experience with an Architectural firm (Experience with office and industrial buildings would be considered as Asset)
- Architectural Technology Diploma/Certification from a professionally recognized post-secondary institution;
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience using Revit, AutoCAD, BIM management;
- Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel and concrete construction, for commercial and industrial buildings
- Knowledge of the Alberta Building Code and Land Use Bylaw (Knowledge of the BC Building Code would be considered as Asset)
- Understanding of sustainable design principles and practices
- Ability to manage and lead a project with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively coordinate with colleagues, clients and consultants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and innovative.
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada.
If you or someone you know is interested in this position please contact;
Jason Wahl - Managing Partner
Athenian Group Ltd.