TMAC Resources is looking to hire 2 Senior Assayer's to be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the metallurgy and analytical laboratories. The position is also responsible for the maintenance and availability of analytical equipment of the Assay laboratory.
This role will report to the Assay Lab Supervisor. The position is located at the Hope Bay Project site in Nunavut, Canada and will require regular rotational travel to and from the site (3 weeks in / 3 weeks out).
- Following established guidelines for processing and testing of Geology Grade control and Production Muck samples, Daily Mill composite samples and Metallurgical samples.
- Prepares the standardized solutions for calibration purposes, participating in daily production assays and analyzing assay results.
- Ensure that the chain of custody is adhered to throughout the assay lab. Collects, enters and prepares assay data reports for Plant and Geology operations review.
- Maintains records of analytical determinations performed and results obtained, in a professional manner.
- Over sees all aspects of internal and external quality assurance/quality control programs.
- Maintains equipment and conducts repairs on equipment as necessary.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
- Demonstrate awareness and commitment to health, community and environmental protection and take action to ensure that unsafe practices or non-compliant behaviors do not occur.
- Inform, involve and engage key internal and external stakeholders appropriately; develop and maintain positive relationships and represent TMAC positively in the community.
- Other such duties as may be assigned.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in analytical chemistry or a related chemical technology
- Minimum 5 years of fire and wet chemistry assay laboratory experience
- Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills
- Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing LIMS, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Gold processing and production-oriented assaying experience.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office.