You have a passion for helping others and growing BMO’s business. As a Senior Banker, you will focus on delivering exceptional service by truly understanding personal and small business customers and conducting a thorough financial needs assessment to offer the most appropriate solution that deepens the relationship by fulfilling the customer’s immediate and future financial needs. You will build & manage a network of referral sources, both internal and external, to grow BMO’s business and make referrals, as required, to BMO partners to meet more sophisticated customer needs with personal and small business solutions.
- Be a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch & market team; act as a role model for colleagues and support branch leadership activities
- Develop and implement an annual business development plan to maximize referrals/opportunities through proactive outreach to branch-managed small business clients, personal prospects from Business Banking and other select personal customers; you will support the development of new business for your branch through both personal and small business solutions tailored to these unique/specific customer segments
- Build & manage a network of referral sources, both and external to grow BMO’s business and make referrals as required to BMO partners
- Engage customers in complete, needs based conversations to identify financial solutions and preferred banking channels while recommending tailored solutions addressing both sales & service needs, focused on small business, business banking, investments, cash management and all lending solutions; including complex deals, home financing, particularly business-for-self and small business financing solutions
- Work with partners to proactively identify small business clients that are personal banking prospects and contribute to growing loyalty by creating great customer experiences grounded in an understanding of the customer’ personal and small business banking needs
- Take the initiative and find creative approaches to make each customer’s experience feel personal
- Keep current with BMO policies and processes, the wider financial services marketplace, the legal and regulatory environment, and our commitment to upholding the highest ethical requirements of our industry
- Follow through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run branch
- Address questions & resolve issues raised through Consumer Credit, audits and quality checks to ensure data entry and recommendations are accurately documented in the lending applications and the lending process is followed
- Use the Our Approach to Risk Management framework to protect the Bank's assets and maintain the quality of the lending portfolio by ensuring adherence to lending process requirements and established yield, quality, diversification and risk guidelines
- Make credit recommendations on personal lending transactions in accordance with sound credit granting principles and in accordance with the Bank’s Policies and Procedures
What we’re looking for:
- Passionate commitment and professionalism to helping our personal and small business customers with the drive to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- A focus on results, relationship management and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team-based environment
- Digitally-savvy and able to identify banking alternatives for customers
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and proactively establish personal connections
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges
- Spends 100% of time in advice based conversations with customers, focused on growing the small business and personal banking relationships
- Projects a professional presence; proactively engages customers in complete conversations about their financial needs; listens actively to understand customer needs, clearly explains potential solutions and their benefit to the customer
- Able to build rapport with customers and develop long term relationships with clients
- Is collaborative, enjoys helping others and being part of a team
- Identifies opportunities for referrals and makes smooth hand offs to partners in BMO FG
- Previous experience in financial services required
- Undergraduate degree and/or equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge of personal and small business customer needs and solutions, including solid working knowledge of financial analysis, including cash flow cycle and available cash management products/services
- Confident and at ease in the use of social media, tablets, smart phones, online tools, and applications
Proactive Customer Contact:
- Able to proactively contact prospects & existing customers to describe what BMO can offer and book appointments to address financial needs
- Registered Investment Sales Representative (RISR), including Mutual Funds Advanced completed
- Personal Lending Credit Qualified Working without limits, with Business For Self designation
- Experienced in managing complex personal and small business lending applications/solutions and systems; in-depth knowledge of creditor insurance
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.