On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Senior BI Developer/Analyst for a 12 month contract opportunity.
Incumbent is required to have high level skills in reporting, business intelligence, data visualization and has knowledge or experience implementing analytics solutions and common services such as Data Governance and Data Quality in hybrid data architectures (cloud and on-premise). The incumbent will support and enhance existing BI projects and participate in net-new initiatives to drive new capabilities and enhance the enterprise capability in reporting and analytics. This position will occasionally be called on to advise and support database applications such as system-to-system integrations or as an advisor to data migration / data cleansing efforts unrelated to BI or data management.
Key Accountabilities (Expected Achievements):
- Works with Business Stakeholders on the identification of information needs and the development of analytical dashboards in Power BI. Skills in rapid proto-typing to increase end-user and stakeholder involvement is key.
- Responsible for the continuous up-keep of Technical Solution Documents.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of analytical databases, multi-dimensional and tabular models.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring best practices for ETL workflow from identified source systems.
- Continuously improves and enforces Data Governance, Tools and Standards for use throughout the enterprise, while seeking alignment of BI & Analytics Enterprise.
- Continuously looking for new opportunities to optimize business decisions through analytics and statistical modeling.
- Works collaboratively with various company Digital Systems teams to deliver a stable and highly available analytics’ reporting platform.
- Responsible for providing insight and guidance on data security and privacy issues.
Key Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Personal Attributes):
- Require a Computer Science or related degree plus 7 to 10 years’ of related experience in a BI practice for a large corporation.
- Must have advanced level hands-on experience with the Microsoft technology stack (SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, TSQL, MDX, DAX, Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, etc.).
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing data solutions such as data marts, data warehouses in on-premise and/or cloud environments.
- Hands-on experience resolving performance issues using SQL tuning, optimizing physical schema design and indexing scheme, etc.
- Hands-on experience creating multi-dimensional and tabular models.
- Hands-on experience building and deploying reports to either on-premise and/or cloud implementations of Power BI.
- Technically strong, applies methods, techniques & technologies that address data architecture, extraction, transformation, movement, storage, integration and governance of data.
- Utilizes experience in database concepts, data modeling, data integration including design and architecture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical scenarios. This includes presentation skills to senior level management.
- Strong Business Acumen: a large part of the role will be working directly with business streams to meet the organizations’ strategic goals.
- Positive and people-oriented personality that is action-oriented.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Knowledge and experience with Azure/Office 365 solutions considered an asset.
- Knowledge of or experience with ML enabled Data Management, Data Lakes and, IOT Integration and Analytics projects considered an asset.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.