Scope of the project:
Our client requires a Senior Business Analyst to assist in the implementation of Microsoft 365 and the upgrade of the current Banner system used. The Banner upgrade is focused on the client functionality and will provide opportunities for Business Process re-engineering. The Microsoft 365 implementation project will deploy Microsoft 365 and has a requirement for assistance in the development of project deliverables including the Change Management and Communication strategies and plans.
- Analyzes the business needs of clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems; evaluates opportunities for process redesign based on best practices and works with clients and IT to propose solutions.
- Works with clients to gather requirements to formally document business requirements, information handling and workflow.
- Works with Stakeholders to facilitate workshops and sessions and to help design and document Change Management Strategies, Project Governance Processes, and Business processes.
- Understands the requirements from the business perspective and translates them into a form that can be understood and acted on by a Service Provider.
- Assists the business or program area in the translation of business requirements to business models and solutions.
- Develops or assists with documentation of new information and workflows, system functionality, and user guides.
- Assists with:
- Business case development
- Project planning
- High-level feasibility studies
- Gathering requirements
- Designing and/or reviewing use cases
- Designing and/or reviewing test cases
- Developing and implementing user training materials
- Business transformation
Experience & Skill Set Requirements:
- 7+ years of with business process modelling and all aspects of BA work with IT projects
- Experience in a post-secondary institution with large enterprise initiatives; and
- Experience with Microsoft 365 Implementation and Change Management; and
- Experience with SharePoint for team collaboration; and
- Includes a background in the application of structured organizational change management practices (ex. PROSCI, Kotter).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office productivity tools (ex. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and
- Experience with diagramming software (ex. MS Visio).
- Prior experience Implementing Microsoft 365.
- Prior experience with Banner, specifically Banner
- Prior experience creating and implementing Operation Change Management and Communication plans.
- With complex projects with multiple concurrent streams of work.
- With Prince2 Project Management.
- Working with a Privacy Officer and Information Security Officer.
- Working in a multi-union environment with several collective bargaining units
- An undergraduate degree in Business Management, Computer Science or other demonstrated relevant degree; or a college diploma with a specialization in Business Analysis;
- Certification in Business Analysis; a certification in Operational Change Management. (ex. Prosci, Kotter)
If you qualify for this opportunity, please apply!
PlanIT Search is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you in advance for your interest. We will only contact those selected for consideration.