This is a full time, permanent staff role (one opening) located in Halifax, N.S.
This position is with J.D. Irving Limited's Information Technology Division, 300 Union Street Saint John NB E2L 1A8, the working location for this position is at the Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7,
J.D. Irving, Limited, Information Technology Division is the destination of choice for naturally curious, energetic & collaborative people excited about the internet of things, data, mobility & innovative solutions while always focused on the delivery of the customer experience. Does this sound like you?
With over 300 employees centralized in Saint John, Dieppe, Fredericton, and Halifax, we offer our people the opportunity to engage in project deliveries that add business value to our organization while enjoying the friendly and beautiful communities of the Maritimes.
We invest in continuous professional growth through strong career development and training programs. As a key member of our team, your coworkers will be among the best in the Maritimes –that’s why JDI.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst in Halifax, N.S. reporting to the Director of IT for the Halifax Shipyard.
- Relevant post-secondary education (engineering or related technical diploma/certificate)
- 15 -20 years of experience with information technology systems in a Marine/Naval Environment, including analysis, design and build experience
- Demonstrated Marine/Naval technical competencies, with a passion for technology
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in working with technical subject matter, experts and customers
- High energy, adaptability and sense of urgency
- Ability to understand business process and translate into technical requirements
- Experience in working in a formal system development life cycle methodology environment involving such artifacts as functional and detail design documents, business use cases, and requirements traceability
- Demonstrated success with business requirements analysis, group facilitation, gap analysis and process mapping and design as part of a business transformation
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
- Develops or modifies moderately complex information systems. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, configuring and revising existing system logic as necessary
- Competent to work in some phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Develop solution expertise to be able to provide guidance and support to business users for both additional locations and improvements at existing sites
- Support the engineering and configuration management teams from an IT delivery perspective
- Lead enhancements and process improvement activities surrounding applications including but not limited to; Smart Plant Foundation, Smart 3D, SharePoint, and other shipbuilding specific applications
- Manage relationships and establish trusted partnerships with associated business areas
What We Offer:
- J.D. Irving is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
For any further questions please contact:
Maggie McLeod- Talent Acquisition Specialist
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.