A wealth management firm is looking for a Senior Business Analyst for a 12 month contract located in Toronto.
Client: Wealth Management Firm
Role: Senior Business Analyst
Duration: 12 months, plus likely extension
Rate: *depending on experience
Location: Toronto, ON
Your new company
The client is looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to the team in Toronto for the next 12 months and possibly beyond. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and would be an excellent addition to any resume.
Your new role
* Acts as the primary contact/relationship manager for a portfolio of business partners in the development and implementation of strategic directions, new business opportunities, product initiatives, and service development.
* Consults with the business to understand its goals and objectives for a specific initiative or project and advises the business on the functionality, applicability, and usability of alternative technology.
* Responsible for owning the solution to satisfy the business need.
* Elicits, analysis, documents and manages business and solution requirements.
* Acts as a primary requirements management contact on projects.
* Recommends process improvements.
* Builds relationships and works collaboratively with stakeholders to identify solutions and resolve variance from product/application specifications.
* Reviews testing documentation and participates in triaging defects to ensure business needs and solution requirements are met.
* Participates in post implementation reviews and processes (e.g. lessons learned, post-install application verifications, warranty support reviews etc.).
* Provides subject matter expertise on specific application usage or area of knowledge (e.g., setting up customer data on various products).
* Supports other team members in achieving project/ business objectives and providing client services.
What you'll need to succeed
* 10+ years progressive business analysis/business consulting experience, supporting and leading large/enterprise-wide projects.
* Knowledge of Portfolio Management and Performance Measurement is needed.
* Wealth Management Front Office and Back Office Full Service Brokerage systems experience is needed.
* Knowledge of systems used by Investment Advisors for Client Account Management, Relationship Management, Financial Planning and Portfolio Management (such as Wealth 360, Croesus, Charles River and Broadridge) is a definite advantage.
* Wealth Management domain expertise.
* Ability to multi-task in a multi-faceted role within a high paced environment.
* Experience working with vendor integration.
* Practical experience in stakeholder analysis, current/future state analysis, and needs analysis.
* Solid understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation and management.
* Ability to apply techniques associated with data and process modeling.
* Advanced knowledge of the project management lifecycle (PMLC) and the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
* Experience in functional testing (UAT).
* Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
* Strong relationship management, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
* Familiarity with business assessment tools (e.g. feasibility studies, business cases, cost/benefit analysis, project sizing and costing).
* Canadian Securities Course or related certification is an asset.
* Working knowledge of SQL is an asset.
* University degree/college diploma.
What you'll get in return
The client is offering a 12 month engagement, with a high likelihood of extension and a very competitive rate for the contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.