Senior Business System Analyst with payments experience
Our direct client is currently undertaking a multi-year initiative to modernize its payments system and is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Business Analyst who can manage and support both business and system requirements process.
What will you do?
- Facilitate collaborative sessions with large and diverse business stakeholder groups to drive requirements discovery, analysis, and review. Apply advanced elicitation techniques to work with different types of stakeholder groups
- Lead requirements prioritization and leverage techniques to drive out business priorities
- Define business analysis approach including tasks and deliverables based on the project and delivery methodology
- Verify requirements for quality and validate requirements with the impacted stakeholders
- Develop plans and accurate estimates for completion of requirements, continuously improving the level of detail and accuracy of estimates. Analyze and document scope of the business solution using enterprise-standard requirements methodology
- Manage risks, assumptions and constraints for requirements, and communicate to appropriate parties Analyze and document both detailed business and system solution requirements using enterprise standard requirements methodology
- Build and maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives, following the enterprise standards
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Senior Business Systems Analyst role with proven experience with various methodologies such as Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile delivering large-scale payments projects/programs
- Expert knowledge of SWIFT High Value Payments in both MT and MX SWIFT ISO 20022 message standard and payment processing
- Proven experience in business analysis includes understanding of business objectives, planning, eliciting, scoping, analyzing, documenting, managing change, maintaining traceability and managing backlogs
- Proven experience in requirements planning and prioritization including stakeholder analysis and effort estimation
- Proven experience in requirements elicitation techniques - Interviews, Facilitated workshops, Document Analysis, Reverse Engineering, Observation, Prototyping, Focus groups and Surveys and in requirements analysis and documentation – Problem Opportunity Analysis, Scope Modelling, Business Process Mapping, Business Context Diagraming, Use Cases & Scenarios, Business Rules & Data Catalogue, User Stories, Story Decomposition, Story Mapping and Requirements traceability
- Excellent communication, active-listening, relationship-building, self-management, proactive, team-player, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Large Value Transfer System (LVTS), SWIFT ISO 20022 data standard, Automated Clearing Settlement System (ACSS), Cash and Liquidity Risk Management, Clearing and Settlement process
- BESS, PSH, EDCD, Swiftnet, FT Host, RFT, GRADS, DDA/COLT, Service Platform, OLB, Express, RFX and EDW.
- Experience in working with Vendor Applications
- Relevant college, university, and/or post-graduate degree in Business Analysis.