Manpower is seeking an energetic, self-motivated individual to fill a to fulfill a long term, ongoing Senior Buyer role within a Technical Purchasing Team for our client, a Major Petrochemical Company located in downtown Red Deer. This environment is a very fast paced and high volume.
- Contact vendors to obtain &/or verify price, part number, source of supply.
- Make delivery arrangements with carriers and vendors.
- Create purchase orders against date driven requirement and ensuring all pertinent information is obtained and verify with the vendor and end user.
- Release purchase orders against vendor agreements
- Seek/record/update material source of supply and information within the system to streamline future purchases.
- Assist with material information updates and changes.
- Confirm and expedite purchase orders to maintain on-time delivery.
- Resolve discrepancies between purchase orders and vendor invoices.
- Follow up on non-conformance of materials and deliveries with end user and/or vendor and identifying trends or patterns.
- Qualify Contractors for onsite labor prior to Purchase Order creation
- Maintain Vendor base for timely and accurate supply alignment
- Participate in the implementation of improvement plans.
- Serve as a technical expert/consultant on a range of commodities based on past record of success
- Lead and facilitate the gathering and defining of complex business requirements
- Advise leadership on strategic sourcing options and substantiates them with business cases
- Lead the activities of cross-functional, often enterprise wide, sourcing teams to execute purchasing strategies
- Manage the transition between suppliers across the enterprise
- Involve key stakeholders in gathering and defining complex business requirements
- Initiate and participates in interactions with suppliers and end users to build and enhance relationships
- Apply advanced purchasing and negotiating tools and processes, coaches’ others in their use
- Develop supplier selection criteria and qualifies suppliers gains them using established processes
- Applies the non-conformance process and works with suppliers to resolve non-conformances
- University graduate with 8 years related experience and continued professional development or 12+ years combination of post-secondary education and related experience with continued professional development
- Ability to communicate clearly to customers at all levels in the company.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- High level of proficiency in the use of a computer including the Microsoft office suite and SAP. SAP material management or plant maintenance areas considered an asset.
- Ability to work unsupervised, meet deadlines and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Ability to work under pressure of changing priorities.
- Thoroughness and a high attention to detail.
- Participates in development and implementation of new or improved Purchasing & Supply metrics, processes and programs
- Identifies and resolves routine and non-routine issues
In becoming a Manpower associate, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in industry leading companies. You will also gain access to Manpower’s comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive pay
- Medical and dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Weekly pay by direct deposit
- Access to Manpower online university
Please apply online and/or create and manage your profile at www.manpowerab.com. Alternatively, you can email us directly at Melissa.email@example.com or call Melissa @ 403.298.4387 Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on Facebook (manpoweralberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB) for more information on our current Companies and Job Postings.