ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FANTASTIC SENIOR BUYER OPPORTUNITY WITH AN EXCELLENT COMPANY? Our client is seeking an experienced professional to join their team on a full-time basis.
About the Opportunity
- Close partnership with the Finance, Marketing, Facilities, HR and other teams to understand the business area budgets and projects required to meet that budget
- Work closely with regional key stakeholders in understanding needs, objectives and priorities to optimize total cost, quality and service
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and works cross-functionally in developing and executing sound sourcing strategies in partnership with internal stakeholders and vendors
- Understand indirect material spends across the business, analyze category markets and translate into actionable strategies and forward-looking analyses
- Identify, select and develop suppliers, negotiate and contract within portfolio and supply base in alignment with the company's global strategy
- Establish strategic relationships with supply base and implement supplier management strategies. Motivate suppliers to treat the company as a preferred customer in presenting innovation and/or cost/efficiency projects
- Prepare assumptions for budgeting process for the managed portfolio in alignment with Finance and Budget owners
- Identify and monitor risks and opportunities related to each category. Drive the organization to mitigate identified risks and to quickly implement opportunities adopting creative solutions
- Design, verify and amend contracts in conjunction with legal. Special attention is dedicated to protecting the intellectual property, minimize liabilities, exclusivity period of innovation, ensure availability and cost improvement
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Degree, preferably in finance, business, marketing or another relevant discipline
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders to comply with appropriate procurement practices
- Strong communication skills
- Automotive industry experience a must have
$75,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23133.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.