Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
Our award-winning engineers embrace a trailblazing spirit by challenging conventional thinking, questioning the status-quo and expressing our passion to use engineering to make the world a better place. We recognize that our projects must serve the interests of our communities for the long term. Therefore, our teams specialize in municipal infrastructure & roadways, water resources, transportation, land development, structural, geotechnical, construction and electrical engineering services. From senior management to our most junior recruits, we are partners in solving our clients’ challenges.
McElhanney Ltd. has a career opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineerto join our team in Saskatoon or Regina, which is primarily focused on municipal services, alongside some land development projects. Our team is seeking someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and likes working in diverse teams. Experience with municipal engineering services is a must, and a passion for exploring emerging trends is an asset.
If you are an experienced and motivated Civil Engineer who has experience leading project teams and is familiar with the Saskatchewan market, this is an excellent opportunity for you! By collaborating with our integrated team of engineers, planners, landscape architects, and environmental scientists, you will be a leader within our local municipal engineering team providing vision for new business opportunities, excellent client service, and mentoring for other staff members.
- Provide detailed design support and production of engineering designs, drawings and specifications that meet all client and approval agency requirements and standards for various municipal water, wastewater, stormwater and roadworks projects
- Develop new business opportunities and establish strategic relationships with key clients, agencies and partners
- Create superior proposals and technical reports
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of documents required to obtain project approvals
- Prepare construction cost estimates, tender documents and contracts
- Exceed client expectations by leading multidisciplinary teams, providing mentorship and guidance to junior and intermediate engineers and technical staff.
- Collaborate with our Project Coordinators to effectively manage projects
- Degree in Civil Engineering with 10+ years of progressive experience in the design and management of municipal infrastructure and land development projects
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in Saskatchewan, or eligibility to be registered
- Knowledge of Regina, Saskatoon, and Saskatchewan municipal markets and processes, with strong past client relationships is an asset
- Demonstrated sound business development and client liaison skills and a keen entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with all government levels, construction contractors and developers
- High productivity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
McElhanney’s Saskatoon branch currently provides engineering, planning, and surveying services to the municipal, transportation, recreation and resource sectors.
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.