On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Senior Client Services Manager for a 9 month contract opportunity.
The Senior Client Service Manager provides overall management of information technology services within a broad client portfolio, ensures that enterprise services consider business requirements, and leads integration projects. The Client Service Manager develops business and project plans, policies, standards requirements, and budgets to ensure the successful implementation and operations of integrated, cost-effective IT services within a variety of Departments and units and manages large scale projects comprising multiple systems and services that align or integrate company-wide systems and services within the departments. The Client Service Manager is responsible for ensuring business needs within the departments are identified, and that requirements are understood and, working with staff and managers internally within the IT team and externally, translates these needs into IT solutions.
- Develops strategic partnerships with the senior leadership of departments and Administrative units.
- Develops a solid understanding of individual department and Administrative units environment and priorities; applies this knowledge to the development of technology solutions.
- Leads strategic assessments of IT services within the department and make recommendations for optimizing resources and develop associated plans upon request.
- Provides advice to departments, and propose strategic and tactical directions for IT departments across and for the IT portfolio of services and business processes to align them with the IT strategy upon request.
- Coordinates the provisioning of enterprise services, ensuring customer-driven direction.
- Analyzes and reviews functional requirements, system features, integration requirements, security requirements, scalability and performance requirements.
- Provides overall management of information technology services within a broad client portfolio, translates client organizational needs and the company’s information technology strategy into service requirements and portfolio directions, and makes recommendations for optimizing resources.
- Ensures that business requirements for enterprise services are identified, developed, delivered and communicated to clients.
- Leads integration projects and manages the transition of information technology services.
- Identifies implementation options, writes design and discussion documents, and makes appropriate technology decisions for new and changing technology needs.
- Works collaboratively with key customers, internal stakeholders, and other higher institutions to plan and deliver IT's portfolio of services to the broader community.
- Develops working relationships across the organization.
- Advises other information technology professionals and senior leaders on the effective use of information technology products and services, including the selection of specific technologies.
- Negotiates, sources and obtains financial, physical, or human resources to support long-term projects and programs.
- Leads the development of business and implementation plans, policies, standards, and budgets for projects and information technology solutions.
- Maintains appropriate professional designations and up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Post-graduate degree. University degree in Marketing, Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Science, or Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience and 4 years managerial experience and 3 years specialized experience in the design and implementation of major computer systems or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specialized experience in the design and implementation of major computer systems and at least two years of managerial experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3-5 years project management or systems integration experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strategic knowledge and 3-5 years experience working with IT products and services, such as Email, Portals, Blogs, Wiki's, Intranets, web and videoconferencing tools, networks, storage solutions.
- At least 3 years experience developing business plans, communication strategies, marketing strategies, project charter and other management documents.
- Demonstrated ongoing career development through active and self-motivated professional development. Demonstrated track record and commitment to delivering results and proactively supporting the applications.
- Experience developing operational processes required for service development, service management, service implementation, service delivery, and ongoing lifecycle management of services.
- Experience in problem-solving, change management, budget development and financial management. Knowledge and experience working within ITIL processes and service management techniques. Knowledge of project management disciplines and best practices, applications development and implementation.
- Experience in areas of strategic planning, tactical planning, project management, risk management, business process improvement, continuous improvement, quality assurance, research, applications development and maintenance, operations management and customer service.
- Effective leadership, consulting, facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiation and team building skills are required as well as the ability to coach and mentor staff; the ability to build relationships and to consult with customers and potential customers; and the ability to interact at all organizational levels.
Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite Technical Resources is a Vancouver-based Information Technology resourcing firm built around three principles: speed, efficiency and quality. We provide highly trained and qualified technical consultants to your organization as a flexible work force option. Our consultants will help you through workload fluctuations and can manage outsourced projects of any size.
We’re wired for people.