SENIOR COMBAT SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
This position will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance to design, integration, installation, test and evaluation of all Above Water Sensor Systems aboard the CSC ship class. This will include, but is not limited to supporting the following activities:
- AESA Radar,
- Identification Friend or Foe (IFF),
- Electronic Warfare,
- IRST and EOS Systems.
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide technical expertise to support the development and compliance of all aspects of design, function, integration, and test to ensure optimal solutions Develop plans, procedures and processes as required in support of program requirements
- Provide independent oversight to the requirements definition, design, integration and test of all Radars and Sensor systems aboard the CSC platform
- Coordinate the scheduling, planning and conduct of assigned activities in support of program milestones
- Provide accurate status reports on assigned activities to the management team
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal (Shipyard Production, CSC Program personnel) and external stakeholders (subcontractors and Canadian government representatives)
- Provide expertise in the development and / or review of design and production products to support the installation and test of the sensor systems into the platform
- Provide support in evaluating engineering change presented by the subcontractor to ensure impacts or risks to integration activities are understood and recorded
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and proactive behaviour within the Combat Systems team
- Be a role model for professional behavior
Qualifications – Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- Engineering degree (Electrical preferred). Be a Professional Engineer or have eligibility for this qualification.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the following fields:
- Engineering on large and complex defence engineering projects
- Coordination with multiple complex organizations
- Extensive knowledge on the design, integration, installation and test of Naval Radar and Sensor Systems
- Knowledge of complex systems integration
- Experience in engineering for Naval platforms
- Understanding of ship construction
- Experience working in design, production and / or test on a ship construction program
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at: email@example.com.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as ‘Safety Sensitive’ where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.