Senior Construction Inspector (SCI)
Comtech Group Inc. (Comtech) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm providing professional services in Program and Project Management, Engineering, Technology and Project Capacity Services spanning multiple industry sectors, with offices across North America. With full-lifecycle consulting services from concept through to commissioning, Comtech provides scalable solutions to deliver capital programs and projects, ranging from the management, control and delivery of multi-billion dollar urban rapid transit programs to complex capital initiatives for industrial manufacturers, public utilities and power generators.
Comtech is engaged with Public and Private sector clients within the Transportation & Infrastructure, Industrial & Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Buildings & Facilities sectors. Leveraging our comprehensive range of technical, engineering and project management services, we are actively building and nurturing long-term relationships with our clients, employees and the communities we support. In support of our capital programs/projects and continued growth, Comtech is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Construction Inspector.
- The SCI is responsible for inspecting the Work materials and methods to ensure that the requirements of the Contract Documents are fulfilled in a safe manner with requisite quality; prepares daily reports for active construction contracts and issues Contract Deficiency Reports including the follow-up on required corrective actions including inspection of same.
- Observing, acting and reporting on any contractual and non-contractual infractions of safety, security, operational interference or customer inconvenience.
- Provides special inspection expertise in structural, civil, architectural, roofing, mechanical or electrical disciplines, as required for the type of construction work.
- The SCI liaises between the Contractor, utility companies, local municipalities and other external agencies.
- Shall have approximately five (5) years experience in inspection and management of construction work.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient at reading drawings and schematics.
- 5 Ability to monitor and control progress of construction activities against the Contract Baseline for schedule and cost.
- Must have a JHSC certification if elected as a worker member of the JHSC.
Comtech Group Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources @ Comtech by emailing – firstname.lastname@example.org
Comtech Group offers our employees a competitive compensation package with comprehensive employee benefits, and an environment that fosters teamwork & entrepreneurial spirit. Comtech Group is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit your resume in MS Word format to Comtech Group via e-mail at email@example.com.