Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
All Available Locations: Winnipeg
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Ready to become a key member in the growth of our Assurance Practice? Keep reading!
What will your typical day look like?
As an Analyst/Senior Consultant in Audit, you will be a part of team of like-minded individuals where you will work to contribute to market initiatives. You will be responsible for the development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice. Along with that, you will develop and deliver presentations of your findings to both clients and firm personnel. You are a strategic thinker, and have the ability to not only find the problem that clients are facing, but are able to help them fix it.
About the team
Our Audit & Assurance team focuses on enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success. We focus on applying our knowledge of financial reporting requirements, controls and processes to the operational aspects of Finance - “How” Finance does what it needs to do and where it can enhance the value it brings to the organization. Our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Working towards completing or finished the CPA, CA designation and possess a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Must possess strong technical skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of Public Sector Standards, IFRS, ASPE, and internal controls and risk
- Expertise in financial management disciplines such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, financial performance management and business case development
- Additional expertise in one or more of the following areas considered an asset: Process Redesign, Business IT Strategy, Corporate Strategy, or Shared Services
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options)
- Operational (ability to translate the “what is required” into the “how it’s done)
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills, Problem solving (ability to “find it” and “fix it”)
- Project management discipline and structure, Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Broad advisory skillsets (capacity to help client explore issues / opportunities)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.