EasyMarkit is hiring a Senior Controller for our small Finance and Operations team. We are looking for a highly motivated individual possessing a CPA designation, who can demonstrate integrity and social responsibility.
In this role, you will bring leadership to our small accounting team, taking ownership of financial functions critical to the company's growth and success. Specifically, you will be primarily responsible for managing the accounting cycle, financial reporting and analysis, departmental budgets, and our internal control processes. In addition to strong technical skills, you will bring a superior work ethic, a high attention to detail, and a positive team attitude to our growing team.
This is a full-time position in our Chinatown, Vancouver HQ, walking distance from coffee shops, restaurants, and public transit. We also offer on-site bicycle parking and a monthly one zone transit pass.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining annual departmental budgets
- Manage monthly budget-to-actual variance analysis process, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement
- Oversee the preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements
- Maintain our growth model and work with the leadership team to keep it up to date with the business’ plans for future growth and expansion
- Prepare SaaS operating metrics and communicate results / trends to the Leadership Team
- Identify operational opportunities to create efficiency and areas to mitigate risks
- Keep an up-to-date cash forecast and ensure that appropriate funds are available to fund operational needs
- Play an active role within the Leadership Team, presenting financial analysis and updates on the company’s performance
- Manage implementation of strong internal controls and processes
- Develop and maintain both, accounting and operational policies
- Identify areas of improvement within the Finance team and implement systems required to achieve desired results
- Ensure compliance with all income, payroll and provincial/federal sales tax remittances and filings, including accurate records, calculations, and timely payment
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience in a Controller or Senior Accountant role, with a mix of public practice and industry held positions
- You have a recognized CPA or other accounting designation
- You are a pro-active, detail-oriented, strategic thinker, able to
- You have past experience calculating and submitting tax remittances
- You have experience in the tech industry, preferably with a SaaS business model
We are a fun, collaborative, and hard-working team of innovative minds who genuinely enjoy spending time together. At EasyMarkit, our people come first. We embrace diversity and encourage you to share your voice. We want you to think outside the box, present new ideas, and be willing to fail. Our employees are empowered daily to see how their work helps EasyMarkit achieve its goal of becoming North America’s #1 patient care service provider. Take a peek into our day to day in our EasyMarkit Culture Book!