Senior Corrosion & Metallurgy Engineer - (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Senior Corrosion and Metallurgy Engineer will report directly to the Director, Engineering.
What you will do:
- Support sites with troubleshooting and identification of technical solutions related to corrosion and metallurgy.
- Provide metallurgical and corrosion engineering support for Turnarounds and Outages.
- Support inspection activities (Structural and Mechanical) across all sites.
- Provide specific subject matter expertise for Nutrien Potash sites with regards to material selection.
- Keeps well informed with and introduces new technologies to meet business needs.
- Participates in root cause failure analysis (RCFA) and TapRooT sessions as required.
- Participates in reviews and technical discussions to develop and identify best work practices.
- Reviews fitness-for-service assessments on critical equipment across the sites.
What you will bring:
- A degree in Engineering (eligible for registration with APEGS as a Professional Engineer) with a minimum of 10 years related experience in an industrial environment.
- Familiarity with ASME codes, ASTM, API Standards and PIP practices related to corrosion and metallurgy.
- Knowledgeable on relevant NDE and fabrication techniques and applications.
- Process Safety Engineering experience would be considered an asset.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran