Senior Cost Control Analyst / Project Controls Specialist
Manpower is currently seeking a Senior Cost Control Analyst / Project Controls Specialist
for a long term opportunity in Calgary, AB.
• Provide support to the Project Manager, project team and project cost controls staff on how cost should be planned, tracked, measured, forecasted and reported during project execution and/or development. Monthly review of cost/cash flow forecasts with the Project Manager and extended project team to generate regular reporting requirements
• Provide timely, accurate and relevant guidance, governance and support to projects on approved cost controls standards to manage Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) components including External Engineering services, Procurement of Material/Equipment, Construction services, internal cost, Allowance for Funds Used During Construction, Contingency, Escalation, etc
• Maintain cost and schedule planning, tracking and reporting tools
• Possess a solid understanding and application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology in order to identify, analyze and report cost risks in a timely fashion
• Manage continuous and collaborative communication with Project Managers and project cost controls teams to address project cost related needs
• Monitor project reporting and identify deviations from standard reports
• Assist project cost controls teams with timely and accurate data gathering and delivery issues
• Participate and resolve any issues in execution of joint Cost, Schedule and Risk Health Checks to verify effective planning and implementation of cost processes
• Take interest and actively participate in project meetings with vendors to understand and become familiar with changes in project status in order to provide assistance in the areas of cost
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction Management
• Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred
• Proficient in SAP, EcoSys, Excel, PowerPoint and Word with proven technical writing abilities
• 7+ years’ of experience in performing cost and schedule management and other project controls functions over engineering, procurement, construction components on large capital projects, preferably in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial and/or Power industries
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in developing, enhancing and implementing cost and schedule standards
• Experience in using and enhancing cost controls tools and associated systems
• Effective analytical skills with the ability to understand detailed workflows for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction
• Ability to effectively prioritize a heavy workload, bringing forward well-developed recommendations to the Project Management Team
• Ability to work with low supervision and work effectively with others to achieve group results
• Strong project management skills
• Must be able to work with a team dispersed over multiple locations
Please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 587-437-4556.
Alternatively, you can view our current open positions on manpowerab.com
Even if this one might not be the one for you, please do not hesitate to send your email to Calgary.email@example.com and let one of our Talent Management Consultants connect with you about our other opportunities.
Follow us on Facebook (manpoweralberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB).