|Location||BC - Vancouver|
|Job Status||Full Time Regular|
You are a lawyer with 8+ years of experience advising on complex infrastructure pursuits in Canada, seeking an opportunity to apply your skills within a dynamic organization and growing its complex infrastructure portfolio across Canada.
In the role of Senior Counsel, you will provide legal support to Ledcor’s Constructors (linear and industrial infrastructure) Group on certain of Ledcor’s complex pursuits and advise throughout the RFQ and RFP bid submission processes, including drafting and negotiating teaming agreements, design services agreements, and partnership agreements. In addition, you will provide ongoing advice on Ledcor’s “live” infrastructure projects.
Apply now to become part of Ledcor’s True Blue team in Vancouver, BC!
- Advise the infrastructure group on all legal aspects of the RFQ and RFP bid submission processes, and provide advice to Ledcor’s business units that are involved in the design-build and/or operation and maintenance of the project
- Assist/advise with client, key subcontractors or other third-party negotiations and prepare construction / commercial contracts and legal documents. Assist/advise with the handover of finalized contracts to the business and support ongoing management of such contracts throughout the contract lifecycle. Identify and communicate gaps in contract compliance relative to the Ledcor Contractual
- Risk Management Policy and provide advice and risk mitigation solutions relative to the scope of work.
- Provide ongoing support to the business divisions on contractual issues arising under “live” projects, including interpretation of the relevant provisions in various project documents and federal and provincial legislation and regulations, as applicable
- Assist/advise on claims within the business and/or support the transition of litigation matters to in-house litigation counsel or external counsel
- Assume a leadership role and provide guidance. May lead individuals, teams or projects and manage the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
- Anticipate, plan and conduct training sessions to business units
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Law degree combined with 8+ years of law firm and/or inhouse experience, with exposure to negotiations of project and partnership agreements in complex pursuits
- Member in good standing of a provincial Law Society (with preference for British Columbia, Alberta or Ontario)
- Strong corporate/commercial legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiation and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong business acumen, creativity and sound judgment
- Ability to proactively identify key tasks and action items, meet tight deadlines and balance conflicting priorities
- Active listener, approachable, and composed under pressure
- Ability to influence others when explaining/presenting complex ideas
- Ability to establish clear direction to others and comfortably and clearly delegate tasks
- Ability to motivate others and build effective teams
- Develops the ability to integrate and build relationships with senior management.
- Demonstrated understanding of key industry trends, market changes, and operational and strategic goals of the business with the ability to develop distinct legal strategies accordingly
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!