Job ID: 145966
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH Company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Contribute as a lead point of contact for the development and design of major contract façade systems. Working as the project lead developer in conjunction with the Senior Curtainwall Designer to take organic designs from customer vision to commercialization; through best practices in building science, structural engineering and thermal analysis.
- Develop detailed technical drawings for coordination with Architects, Engineers and other building trades.
- Produce accurate shop fabrication drawings according to company standards.
- Create 3D drawing models to communicate with design professionals and shop personnel.
- Produce detailed installation drawings for use by Site installers.
- Prepare thorough material and hardware take-offs to deliver to the Purchasing Department.
- Provide verbal and written support to Project Managers, Shop Mechanics and Site Installers.
- Evaluate site installation logistics with Project Managers to prepare for install phase(s).
- Attend internal project/scope review meetings.
- Read and understand building construction documents and specifications.
- Understand common building systems for design coordination. (Interior, exterior, and M.E.P.)
- Frequently collaborate with members of other departments.
- Occasionally visit fabrication facility for pre-manufacturing scope meetings and/or troubleshooting sessions.
- Minimum 15 years curtainwall design or façade design.
- Minimum 10 years North American or equivalent building code interpretation.
- Minimum 10 years direct experience in curtainwall or façade design management for $30M+ contracts.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!